Is anyone using a Qualcomm unit in a 5700XE?

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by farmboy73, Dec 31, 2016.

1. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    I am just curious whether anyone is using Qualcomm in a WS 5700XE. If so, I am curious how you mounted it. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Forum Closed for the New Year

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  4. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Does your qualcomm have a display with a remote module? It kind of depends I guess. You need good reception for the GPS antenna.

5. Mythandar

Mythandar Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    Just an FYI about installing a qualcomm in a 5700. The dash gets it's clock and compass information from the virtual technician. The issue is that when the qualcomm is installed the virtual tech see's that and switches source adresses that it sends clock/compass info on automatically, but the dash doesn't. It has to be changed using detroits Diagnostic link software. It may show a time but it's drastically out when this is the issue.

When we know a unit is going to have a qualcomm installed it we will change this, and just tell them everything will be working once the qualcomm is installed. Any unit built after jan 16, 2017, will have virtual tech's that don't switch source addresses and this will not be an issue for those newest units.

farmboy73 Thanks this.
  6. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It's not too hard to change the SA from 74 to 128 w/DLink. But this is only an issue if the truck comes with Virtual Technician.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.