Is ConWay worth it?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by JBrakeJosh, Jun 13, 2014.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    My figures would be based on solo. Solo likely 35k-40k 1st year. Second year solo at .37 cpm upper 40s. Pretty fair start in my opinion. Of course, could jump to Crete after that 1st year and make 43 cpm. But it sounds like he wants to go local.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paul_4lp

paul_4lp Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    It's getting harder to get 11k + here , FM's seem content if you reach 10k

that said it seems the newbie drivers @.30 get more miles then the three year driver at .39

Getstepn and double yellow Thank this.
  4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    I hear that from tenured drivers everywhere.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  5. Getstepn

Getstepn Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Chesterfield Twp, MI
    3 wks + 1 day training. Upgraded and assigned truck/load the next morning. (2nd wk in September) Eric my trainer and later my co driver convinced Susan to leave me with Heidi fleet 14 when I upgraded. I started w/ phenomenal miles and never looked back. I'm pretty sure it had a lot to do with Eric telling Heidi about my work ethic. I ran solo until the end of the following June. By then my miles dispatched had just got me to 37 CPM. Ran team from 1st wk of July until 2nd wk of September when I went contractor.

I never really paid attention to delivery schedules usually resulting in 12-24 hrs early and in turn 1-2 extra dispatches a wk vs following company dispatch times. I maintained great relations with everyone I talked to, and I think this positively affected miles/load consideration. I did a lot of favors like volunteering for locals in Laredo and W. Memphis so I always got great runs out with lots of drop/HK. Most importantly I always managed my elog. Usually I made sure I delivered with 2 or more he's left on my 11 so I could board right away....this allowed Joplin 10+hrs to find my next load w/ forcing long break periods.

xlsdraw and paul_4lp Thank this.
  6. Getstepn

Getstepn Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Chesterfield Twp, MI
    Oh:
    I did have 1 recruit.
    I did have my vacation paid in a wk I worked.
    I stayed out 6-8 wks at a time.
    I only highlighted for Taylor from Laredo which usually meant that 1600 went on the wk ending so my highlight week didn't suffer.
    I asked what day I should come back for a 650+ run back out every time.
    How much home time taken depended on what day I got there to always allow a 5 day min work wk.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I never understood stupidity like that, and will never work for such an outfit.

paul_4lp Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.