Is everything better w bacon on it?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Dennixx, Sep 11, 2017.

1. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    And they took the 25 deceased piggies to a landfill. What's wrong with these guys, why not find a meat processor in the area and donate the meat to a homeless shelter or food kitchen.

mjd4277 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    My guess is the FDA probably wouldn't allow it. A waste of good pork.

lovesthedrive and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Back when I worked as a jail deputy, we'd occasionally have a fish cop bring in fresh roadkill deer. But that finally got shut down as the meat had not been"inspected!":mad:
    I can't remember the number of times I'd load beef out of IBP where the "inspector" did his "inspection" of the beef from outside the trailer doors, then sealed them, and "certified" that the load of beef had been "inspected."
    Our tax dollars "hard at work.":confused::mad:

5. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I did have a FB page that I ran across where a group out of Louisiana started after they had for years collected donated meat and given it out to those in need, I guess inspectors came in one round and doused all the meat with chemicals, threw in the dumpster, and declared they couldn't do it anymore: done made a lot of people unhappy. The group rallied around and got it declared unconstitutional and had a law passed where they could collect and give meat out as needed. They also took donations of roadkill, hunters who didn't need the deer meat and people who cleaned out their freezers and still had good meat in it. I think it is a crime to just throw meat away like that.

91B20H8 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    It should be. But this is the new age and people dont think like us antiques do.

91B20H8 and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  7. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Dennys onnce offered a Sunday with bacon bits. And also a milkshake with bacon bits in it. I'm sure they didn't sell many of those

8. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    I forget the reason why. But no they can't do that.

9. haz-matguru

Feb 18, 2012
    I use to work in a chicken plant long years ago. And the USDA inspectors would do absolutely nothing. And ppl wonder why they have so many recalls on meat every year. Well it's because it's not being inspected by the inspectors.

If a chicken fell on the floor, they would rinse it and put it right back on the line. If a chicken had some kind of weird growth on it. They would tell you to cut it out and send it down the line. That place was the nastiest too. I stopped eating chicken for months after I worked there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.