Is it loud in a sleeper?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by X GM Guy, Sep 15, 2006.

1. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    When I have teamed,I or my partner didn't use the jakes unless we had to,,kept the cb down and fm down,just high enough to enjoy it. Tried to avoid rough roads,went the smoothest way. I had to run split,stayed up and slept 3 hrs to drive another 5. I really never liked teaming,too much go go go,felt like a slave to trucking. Some folks like it,I never did.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. midget28

midget28 Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2007
    What Cheer Iowa
    Ive ridden with my dad when i was younger and the truck he had had biggger stacks and no mufflers and you could hear the jakes literally a mile awake ( we measured) but I never had a problem the truck was so loud it vibrated the bed so it was some of the best sleep ive ever had lol. Then again i also live on the slope a hill that truckers have to use the jakes so I hear it every night.

4. Stormcroe

Stormcroe Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Hubbard, OH
    This is a very good question. I sleep great with the truck running the vibration helps my broken down back. As for sleeping behind someone my first problem is trust. Can I go to sleep and trust this guy behind the wheel not to kill me by doing something stupid. I have had 7 partners on team operations in the past. One was my brother I told him that if he wrecked he had better kill me because I would kill him. about 75% of them I trusted. The rest well lets just say I didn't sleep to well. My biggest problem was once I went to bed I had to go peeee within 45 min to an hour. I'm not sure why, does anyone else out there have that problem?

5. Stormcroe

Stormcroe Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Hubbard, OH
    LOL :colors: It could be worse! Two cattle cars with pigs in them and you have the vents open. I have had that happen, needless to say I didnt sleep well that night.

Be Safe out there
    Storm Crow

olddog_newtricks Thanks this.
  6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    my experience with team driving is that you'r basicly exhausted from the second day on. I can't sleep with someone else driving. Makes me too nervouse

7. Lil'Devil

Lil'Devil Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Great White North
    I really don't know how people do it driving team, I have never driven team, but drove with my friend in his truck on a couple of runs while my truck was in the shop and I could never sleep while the truck was moving, I was always tired

If I have to park at a truck stop overnight (which I don't like to do) I usually have to wear ear plugs, plus in some of these places I'm always afraid that someone is going to take the front end off my truck

8. hagarcobra

hagarcobra Medium Load Member

May 24, 2013
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes it's loud with a reefer howling in your ear. Im deaf so it bothers me not.

Team driving is a whole different problem. You don't sleep until you learn to commend your soul to god with someone you just met a few hours ago when you were told to go with this one at the trucking yard.

Sleep is not for today, you take care of that next week at home.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Depends on if she is a screamer or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.