Is it slow season now?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by SeniorTacos, Jan 6, 2020.

1. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    This time of year is trade show busy season. San Diego is a primo spot to be in. But most guys who don't do them all the time dont like trade shows.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Yea? You know what a dispatcher/broker have in common with a diaper?

Always on your rear and normally full of Sheet!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Sometimes when they keep giving u those short loads and u get tired of it. Tell ur dispatcher " u dont mind doing them short runs and helping them out but u guys have to throw me a bone every once in awhile and give me something good"

Otherwise u will turn into their mule. They know u will do the runs so they keep giving them to u . it is possible to voice ur concerns and ask them to help u out without being a dick about it or losing ur job . just remeber the squeeky wheel always gets the grease, u will put urself ahead of alot of guys especially at swift if ur able to have that conversation in a professional manner. Good luck to u

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That's funny. I'm not saying that every dispatcher is good, or every driver either.
    Sometimes it would help both of them if they took the time to understand each other's job.
    Our company is lucky. All of our office guys are former drivers with this company. They're not perfect but they have a better chance of understanding what a driver goes through than some college kid hired off the street.
    The downside of good experienced ex-drivers for dispatchers...as far as the driver is concerned... is that they don't pay much attention to whining and it's hard to fool them with made-up excuses and fancy stories.
    Most of our drivers have keyed in to that and it's pretty peaceful.

Dave_in_AZ and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Out of all the places to be stuck in ..... San Diego is a wonderful place to be stuck. They would have to pry me out of there. I would be happy to spend a week there. Staying at my favorite Marriott hotel and living the good life. Beautiful beaches , beautiful women , fantastic bars great hotels. Trucking is a cool job for sure.

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  7. SeniorTacos

SeniorTacos Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Yeah I can’t have no fun if I’m a broke swift driver haha

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    From what I was just told, freight is very good in the mid-west right now.

My next load is a Post load going to SLC, and it is already about 3 days late.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.