Is KLLM like this???

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by truckerdaddy24, Apr 16, 2010.

1. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Hey, I'm a rookie wanna BE!! I have not even been in a rig in 25 years and it belonged to my cousin and he thought it would be cool to take me around the block..

So on to my question, i sent in my application and got the "Release" forms sent in through fax, I have not heard back from them, I know I am 11-14 weeks out from my available date but do they just slide you to the bottom of the file till the time gets closer? I would like to have a few "Pre-Hires" in the works if I can before I go into start school. Thank You all for the great advise and direction. I really appreciate it and I'm sure others do to. TD

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CHUNKY MONKEY

CHUNKY MONKEY Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2010
    atlanta ga
    You dont want to be hired by kllm unless you are planning on being a lease operator.I just left them and found them to be takers they take everything away from the drivers they can.:biggrin_25512:

4. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You are wasting your time applying to companies before you finish CDL school! I'm a team driver and I came to KLLM right out of school. Right now the big push is to have 80% lease operators and 20% company drivers. My husband and I do not want to lease so we will see how things work out in next couple of months! We may be doing the same as Chunky Monkey (what a name)! Lol!
    In past I would say KLLM great co. But now not sure!

5. tribaltalon

tribaltalon Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Central Texas
    agreed.. go to school and then apply. all they are going to tell you is to call them back once you graduate anyway. dont worry, you'll have plenty of prehires.. hehehehe.. little helpful hint, if you dont want to work for werner, DO NOT fill out their app.. they will call you every day!! and I just started at KLLM, so far so good... i am thinking about doing the lease operator gig, seems like alot of people are happy with it.. *shrugs*

xllxmrjohnxllx Thanks this.
  6. truckerdaddy24

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Well I spoke with recruiting the other day they looked up my application and said they were not hiring out of my area and that it has been like that for over a year, I guess they missed out on me... Take Care be Safe. TD.

7. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Hey TreyDavid ... I find that when things happen the way they do ...
    It's a blessing in disguise... Good Luck !

8. Twisted turtle

Twisted turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Norwood, NC
    treydavid, You don't know how lucky you are! I totally agree with chunkymonkey and sookie. Unless you are willing to lease a truck you don't want to go there anyway. I worked for them about six months right out of CDL school as a company driver. Can you survive on 1400 miles per week? I checked out every company on this forum that hires company drivers and was so excited about going to work for them and planned to stay with them indefinately until I retired (a time for which they seemed to have already picked for me). I #### near gave up on trucking altogether because of this company, a destroyer of dreams. Good luck to you and I advise being as picky as you want to be in your search for first company.

9. truckerdaddy24

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    TT Thanks for the advise, I'm not going with them, I think they have gotten into a tail pin and are not going to make it out of it unless they do something drastic to change that. Thank You.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.