Is Klonipin a banned drug for CDL?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Eagle66, Aug 27, 2010.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Knoplin is a controlled Benzo, same family or class as Xanax.

Let me tell you, a doc experimented with Xanax a short time with me and that was a difficult year for me. Making small mistakes in a frigging car. Sheesh. I finally quit cold turkey over 9 months. The doctor told me never to touch that stuff again becuase I was one of three she knew of out of approx 2000 that was able to stop that stuff.

The problem with Xanax is you are selling the stress to the drug to the devil to buy a few hours calm. There are certain things in your mind, nerves and reaction that goes to ####e when on this stuff. Not very much, but enough to make errors when driving. I considered the errors obvious enough to any lawman to come pull over and have a chat.

Progressively Xanax doses get larger over time. Not even a year. Then you get into the tablets every 8 hours. If you missed a dose, your heart stands to stop. Yes, your heart might stop on the missed dose at some point towards the 16th hour if your regimen is large enough as in like 10 grams or larger.

I spent almost a year on that devil's medicine. Loved it on one hand and hated it on the other. Finally I put it out of my life. Took roughly 18 months for my body to re-calibrate. There were important medical changes that year which would eventually determine that surgery was needed to fix two problems and thanks be to God the surgeries were very successful. Gave me a future without drugs of this nature.

I offer you this thought, you should never ever mix Xanax with ANY kind of muscle relaxer and pain medicine that is somewhere in the Opiate family. If you do this, you will think you do something at work 1 hour and 4 has passed while you were observed to engage in a broken circle repeated task doing nothing. That is one BIG sign of drug use. The first to go is time in your mind. Everything else is downhill from there.

Now...

Doctors.

If you can find a Doctor to write a note in a formal way, signing same with name, DEA number and so on stating he expects you to be safe in a CDL, CMV situation you better be able to be safe.

Im still reading up on scheduled drugs I,2, 3 4 and 5. vs CDL> And frankly Im I will never get caught up. Since 1994, things have changed and continued to change. My knowledge is literally 15 years out of date as of today and I have alot to retread and learn and do it quickly.

Until then, I only offer my experiences and a healthy dose of caution.

JMod Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    When you go to orientation or as part of the prehire process you know a drug test is part of the process. Once you are hired there are random tests. I've done two randoms in 4 years. Both times I was told where to go and had less than an hour to get there or it is noted as a refusal to take the test, which is just as bad as failing a test.

4. Falcon86a

Falcon86a Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Question, if u put down narcotics use on ur physical form, would they do hair test on u instead of urine? Even tho u haven't taken anything in 2 months? It's on my med records so I have to put it. And was a pain pill non schedule 1?

5. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    On your med records? Short of applying for military or direct government employment no one can access your medical records.

6. Falcon86a

Dec 28, 2015
    Ok

7. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    On the form where it says "medications" write "None" and move along.

8. Falcon86a

Dec 28, 2015
    Ok, only reason I ask is I read on here they can get ur records from medical information bureau

9. Retired2015

Retired2015 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Insurance companies can get your medical records from Medical Information Bureau, not sure if anyone else can? Trucking, being a safety sensitive job, it wouldnt surprise me if they could?

10. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    No one is going to go digging through medical records at a #### DOT physical.

Falcon86a Thanks this.
  11. Retired2015

Retired2015 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    You're probably right.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.