Is load planning a big problem to you?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by trucking.shine, Oct 6, 2017.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Agreed.

And that's the reason we're about to experience huge price increases in the commodities. The shipping costs are about to skyrocket in a huge.... HUGE way !!

Get ready shippers, ELDs are going to be making a huge impact on your businesses!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    As long as everyone's shipping costs skyrocket together the sun will rise in the morning and the cost will be passed on. It's going to put a much brighter focus on running an efficient warehouse though. The inefficient won't be able to pass any more than their most efficient competitor so it will get bloody in a hurry.

Notice that this is exactly what happens when things change in any direction. When rates fall it's because someone is willing to run for that. Which means you have to figure out how to run for that and make money. Often this means degrading your service level to the same point as your competitor. Often it means going out of business because it isn't worth the time or effort anymore.

All of life is evolution. The only constants I've found in life are change and the endless pressure to adapt to it. Maybe life used to be different, but it's sure been this way as long as I've been around. Looking at animals it sure looks like it's been going on a lot longer.

4. trucking.shine

trucking.shine Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2017
    Hey all! I found this link on twitter. It's a tool this company is working on to help Carriers plan their loads and increase the speed of searching for good loads. They haven't launched it yet, so you have to subscribe to their waiting list to try it. I signed up to check it out.
    Since we were talking about planning, I thought you would find it useful.
    Link: SmartHop's Planner: Automated Truck Dispatching

5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I'll give them props that looks jazzy but honestly anyone needing to use such a service to dispatch 1 truck or even a handful of trucks needs to get out of this business yesterday.

6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Looks to me like all it does is run a search on all the load boards. I think it's unlikely they let you do that without having subscriptions. So basically it doesn't do anything? I'm sure I'm missing something.

Yes I'm pretty sure this is a product that was built by software guys one of which had a job as a dispatcher for a summer and thought this would be cool. Just a guess.

trucking.shine Thanks this.
  7. trucking.shine

trucking.shine Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2017
    I signed up to see how it works once they launch...We'll see

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.