Is Schneider a good company to work for?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by jemack1, Nov 29, 2010.

1. TooGroovy

TooGroovy Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2011
    igetaround
    So SNI does not have a school where to get a cdl, right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    No, SNI does not currently run a training school. Once you have your CDL they will run you through a company orientation, but that's it.

4. byrdman2391

byrdman2391 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2011
    mobile,alabama
    Does schneider let's you choose weather you drive otr,regional,dedicated ect. Depending on what's available in your area or do they just put you where they need you ?

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    If you look at the "Jobs" section of Schneider's site you will see a listing of positions - regional, dedicated to various accounts, team, OTR, etc. You then apply for ONE of those jobs. If SNI thinks you're a good fit, they hire you, or possibly suggest you apply for another position. Whatever they hire you for is what you'll be doing for at least the first six months. After that you can APPLY to switch accounts (national system to dedicated etc).

deepseajb Thanks this.
  6. byrdman2391

byrdman2391 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2011
    mobile,alabama
    O ok thanks for shedding some light on that for me

7. strawberryrhubarbpie

strawberryrhubarbpie Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Ft Myers, FL
    I just finished orientation at SNI and we had someone that came here from CR England, and the rumors are true. He went to their school to get his cdl but once they started pressuring him into their lease program he felt like he had no other choice but to leave.

8. shana3178

shana3178 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Paris, Tx
    Apparently we are doing something wrong then. My husband is a regional driver out of the Dallas OC. He's currently stuck in Trenton, MO (did I mention he's a regional driver) and now for the second week in a row even though his hometime was confirmed he will not be coming home. I have 3 small children who wont get to see their dad in 3 weeks and he chose regional for the purpose of being home weekly. Pay sucks and Im not a happy mama.

9. companyman

companyman Heavy Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    thats trucking. your not the first trust me.

10. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    He needs to talk to his DBL and gat the situation corrected. I've followed his blogs and see he's having issues with the macro system and elogs. he can pm me and i'll try and help. There's no reason he shouldn't be home every week or at most two. As for regional they will send him anywhere as long as it's no more than a 2 day drive from his OC. The pay will get better when he figures out the qualcomm and gets off advances. Good luck and i hopeit improves for him and your family

11. companyman

companyman Heavy Load Member

Nov 17, 2011
    he has to know how to work the quailcom. if they dont know what hes.doing they cant plan him.

i often see with wifes and girlfriends complaining about no money. (in trucking in general not necesarily schneider) then come to find out the guys pulling hundreds of dollars a week in advances and spending it all on the road. its easy enough to do if you dont pay attention

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.