Is Schneider Slowing Down ?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by xXMelonie74Xx, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    Oh, the white trucks and trailers are dedicated and intermodal accounts from what I was told. The black ones I don't have a clue on. And all Schneider trucks are governed at 60 mph from what I have been told by Schneider.

Mike

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xXMelonie74Xx

xXMelonie74Xx Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Indiana
    Schneider has stopped all new inexperienced training till further notice....
    Im now headed to cr. england....Monday....

4. Waterloo

Waterloo Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Grass Lake, MI
    I was told well into next year regarding the school for newbies. And the way things are out here right now, I would not even hold my breath on Schneider opening its school back up for at least a few years. Just a gut feeling.

Mike

xXMelonie74Xx Thanks this.
  5. punkinhed

punkinhed Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    hello, cleveland!
    good luck with england, mel.

and i just saw one of those black tractors with the orange logos yesterday... do want!

6. firecaptain1204

firecaptain1204 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    New Albany,IN
    FYI,, The White trucks are from when Schneider ran the PPG account before JB took it over. Who knows what they use them for now. The Black trucks are for the Aurora Trailer parts account out of Indiana. Thats what that customer wanted on that account. Hope this offers some insight for all wondering.

Be safe

7. badsey

badsey Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Green Bay, WI
    Solo trucks 60/63
    Team 65/67 --> never changed

At 60mph (10th) you are at 1400 rpm. =10th isn't very effective at hills anymore (you want 1500+) =lots of 10/9 downshifts.

8. truckerdad57

truckerdad57 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Batavia, IL
    The Schneider black tractors.... yes some are on the Aurora Trailer parts dedicated account. Others are in general use.

SNI is big on experiments. They wanted to see what increase in resale value there was with the change in color. A used pumpkin does not normally sell for as much as a similiar condition truck in a different color.

9. mike91118

mike91118 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2010
    clarksville,tennessee
    the black trucks are for regional and the white trucks are used for dedicated some driver i came across tuned his truck up to 75 mph because it was to slow and new how to do it because he was a former schneider mechanic and new how to do it without getting caught

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.