is swift getting better?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by beezle, May 6, 2007.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    He is correct...it's .26 a mile...my bad.

Miles the truck ran?? I'm kind of courious here. Did you have some issues? Or did your trainer just take the wheel from time to time out of boredom?

I ask this because, the program was "slowed" down for a reason. CFI ask that their trainers only take the wheel, to protect the load from being late. Otherwise, they are to stay in the jump seat while the truck is in motion.

Besides, 7500 in 16 days.....slightly less than 470 a day (about 8 hours). Which I am sure you didn't actually spend 16 days driving, you had some down time..or did you?

With good loads, and proper planning. 3500 miles a week should take no more than 5 days. But, additional time is needed to provide proper training.

Just getting your own truck::: You are about to learn what 47 mph dispatch really means. 24 hrs equal 658 miles 10 hrs rest 14 to drive and perform other duties. It's what they expect, but not always what you will get every day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captain67

Captain67 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Cape Coral FL
    I drove most of the time. He drove every once in awhile, maybe 10% total.The first couple days were hard to drive 5-600 miles. We had some downtime, but not alot.

4. king81

king81 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Well I really don't care about swift n e more I just scored a job at Coca cola. My OTR days are over.

5. king81

king81 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Truthfuly it does make a difference it does matter to go a little faster to me. Most of the time when I was on the road with swift trucks would pass me by the time I get of the ramp to pull in to get some food the same trucks are leaving. Some of the other things you want to watch out for is to get a good DM, when I first started my DM would keep me in Cali, short runs, and picking up on his buddies garbage T calls when they didn't want to go to a certain place, oh don't forget about the late loads that they rush u to get then get mad if you are late. For them to be a big company the planning is kind of bad, they will send you a lot of late loads after you have been sitting and calling for a load for 6 hours, then they finally decide to remember they had a load to pick up hours ago, then they send you on your way 45 miles 44 miles into it they message you and say thats ok they closed, stand by. I switched DM and was getting great runs from 1300 miles a load and I only drove on I 10 and I20 back and forth sometimes other places when freight was low. you have to tell your DM what u want, your first one will take advantage of you because he or she knows that you are new.

6. Wheremiat

Wheremiat Bobtail Member

May 25, 2007
    Hey King, Can you PM me the details about coke/pepsi, i really just want to be home everynight

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.