Is that everything?...sigh!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by thunderbird, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JSmitty

JSmitty Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Midland Tx
    Maybe he came in with the other 5 drivers......

"JB, party of 6, your shower is now ready"

:biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thunderbird

thunderbird Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2009
    USA
    Don't get me wrong. To me there is a world of diffrence between the cashier who politely asks you "Anything else for you?", and the cashier who gives you this weird look and asks "Is that everything?" I think that's wrong cause I have some self respect. Thanks for the thoughtful responses everybody:biggrin_2554:

4. ironarmadillo

ironarmadillo Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Ft. Worth, TX
    What????....Ahh?...I don't get it?
    Being a consumer myself. Ive been to many truck stops as well as the local 7-11 down the street. The 7-11 cashier say the same thing to me and he(she) has No idea what i do for a living.

5. Crotts Trucking

Crotts Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Duncan, AZ
    ######!! LOL!! New and already complaining.
    I Chew tobacco (Bad Habit, I know), and a few times that very question has reminded me the sole reason I got off the interstate, weaved through the parking lot, parked (No Fuel Island for me), walked in, used the restroom, got a gatorade, jerky, and gum looked at my watch Oh man I GOT TO GO!! forgetting about the tobacco, and BLAMMM!!!! The question hits me. I would've been mad if I would've got back on the big road, and realized it.
    Lighten up. Drivvvaaa

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    :smt064 ______ :laughing3: ______ :smt075

7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    THAT does not bother me.
    the "suggestive sales" piss me off though!!
    "give me a big mac"..."would you like the combo?" NOOOOO!! did i ASK for the combo? LOL
    same at pilot with whatever "buy one get one" sale they are having. IF I WANTED THE #### M&M'S ON THE COUNTER I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THEM!!:biggrin_2551:
    ALTHOUGH, i HAVE went in to do business and forgot smokes.
    "is that ALL?" OHH yea give me a pack of XXXX"

8. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Maybe it was the way they said it. Perhaps they didn't say "Did you find everything you wanted?" in a nice voice, but instead said "is that all?" in a hateful voice.

I'm just thinking out loud. However, I've found that the best revenge when a clerk is snotty or hateful is to "nice" them to death. I slap on this huge smile and call them "sugar" or "hun" then compliment them several times, ask how their day is going and thank them at least twice. I've even had clerks follow me to the car to apologize for being grumpy. Plus many times they've shared some really serious problem that was causing them to be grumpy and all they needed was someone to care for just a couple of minutes.

Anyway, I like to "nice" them and watch the truly mean ones squirm like worms on a hot sidewalk.

9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    OHHH GAWD NANA!!! that is SUCH FUN!!
    flip the script! i do the same. it REALLY pisses off the people who are truely Aholz and MAY turn around the day of someone just having a bad day:yes2557:

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    See now, you haven't been waited on by me. That would just #### me off, and your service would really start rolling downhill LOL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.