Is that everything?...sigh!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by thunderbird, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Crotts Trucking

Crotts Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Duncan, AZ
    Maybe He'll say "I got my night gown on, got my pretty red panties on, and I'ma ready to go to bed" LMAO!! (Retro 90's OKC)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

I can sorta see the point here, but I don't feel that being rude or in bad taste. What really does get me is when after spending hundreds of dollars in fuel, coffee refills, and a pack of cigars for $8, you can't even get a ,"Thankyou driver". And what about the self centered braindead after you hold the door open for them because their have handfuls of snacks, they can't even look at you and at least nod, let alone say "Thankyou".:biggrin_25512:

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  4. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    That is one thing that chaps my rear end to no end. You hold the
    door open for be it a lady or a man and they won't even, like you
    say, nod to acknowledge you.

5. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Who does that? Here in Atlanta, you virtually ALWAYS get a nod at the very least. I bet you live up north, huh?

6. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Yep, I'm in the north, but it seems very common from southern Michigan on down and over. It's everywhere though, not just any certain area.:yes2557:

7. _ton bundle

_ton bundle Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Elevator Bay, Minnesota
    I can take the suggestive selling or upselling that goes on. Although, I think that trying to upsell someone who is willing to spend money in your business is a little ingrateful, I don't think the clerks mean it that way. To me it says that your order isn't good enough, buy more.

What I hate is being in a store and having someone come up to you and ask you to 'take a survey.' Or being in a mall and not being able to walk 10 feet without someone getting in your face about a free cell phone. Gawd, I'm in your store attempting to buy something already, leave me alone!!

Don't get me wrong, Boy/Girl Scouts selling at a table in a grocery store is 100% fine, or a church group grilling hot dogs outside is fine. That's charity and as long as I know your organization is legit and you're not pushy, then sell away!!

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  8. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Today I was at a Love's and purchased a loaf of bread, bag of Cheetos, pack of gum, and bottle of ketchup. Yum, yum, lunch! Anyway, the cashier said, "Would you like a bag with that?"

Now, I could have come back with a real smart-### remark but I restrained myself. I paused, looked up at him slowly and then looked at all the merchandise on the counter, paused again, and then said, "yes, I think so." I hope he got the point.

9. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    LMAO, ya shoulda said "i DON'T know, do you NEED a bag to carry this out to my truck for me?":biggrin_255:

Red Fox Thanks this.
  10. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    I'm not good with those quick comebacks. That would have been perfect though.

11. mtdewr

mtdewr Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2006
    on the road again
    I'm sure we have all been in a t/s where the cashiers dont even say hi. Just ring up your purchases, hold their hand out for the amount they say and hand you the change....all the while, chatting to another cashier or manager. No...thank you, have a good day, etc. I, for one, think its rude but its not going to ruin my day!!

panhandlepat and Crotts Trucking Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.