Is the oilfield booming again?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by The Crossword Trucker, Nov 15, 2021.

1. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Do they get an interpreter to ride with them and read road signs to them, too? o_O

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Speedy356

Speedy356 Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2021
    I can’t answer that, I’ve seen them in the DMV taking the test with the interpreter sitting next to them reading the questions to them. Can they read road signs? I would say NOT watching some of them drive out here on the roads!!!

4. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Many years ago in PA when I was taking my test. The examiner was telling the person to follow his instructions to begin the regular car test. He didn't understand English so the examiner failed him. He made your point. How can you drive a car in America and you don't understand English to read the road signs? I would feel the same way if I went to another country and not understand their language or the way they do things. I have to learn then proceed.

5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    It was a rhetorical question.

6. CorsairFanboy

CorsairFanboy Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Florida

7. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    First of all I like that you have Milton Friedman as your profile picture. I'm definitely a fan. As for booming? Well, it isn't 2012 but they've been keeping me pretty busy. I already know precisely who WR Partners is hiring for. I've been there and done that. Me and another guy that went with them are now over here at Detmar Logistics. We both like it better here.

The Crossword Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.