Is there a short list of schools / companies to absolutely avoid

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by John Blackman, Aug 14, 2014.

1. GenericUserName

GenericUserName Road Train Member

May 17, 2014
    Santa Monica, CA
    I am sure it is 100% the fault of the school too. Indeed, you are no doubt a perfect student and if you fail the blame lies solely on the school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Igneouss

Igneouss Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Good school: works with you until they are reasonably certain you will pass CDL. If you fail, continues to help.
    Bad school: You get one try, you fail, you're out. Want a retest - you are on your own or you have to pay a big fee.

4. 12String

12String Bobtail Member

May 25, 2014
    See if there are any vocational or community college programs in your area. I opted for that route here (Florida) and I thank Jeebus every day that I didn't go to the local Roadmaster. A third the price, 5X the training, about to graduate and had multiple pre-hires. Just hired on to one yesterday.

5. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    More than one student in the truck at a time is too many.

6. CDLROOKIE

CDLROOKIE Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2014
    san bernardino,ca
    perhaps you could enlighten me as to which of the above mentioned dramas at the school i may have contributed too? lets see, the riff between office lady and instructor?..pretty sure that wasn't me. office lady's inability to deal with other students? pretty sure i said other students on that one. the instructor that gave his notice because of the new guy? pretty sure i was clear that his beef was with the other instructor so..that's not me. not sure how im responsible for the instructor sleeping in the trucks either. i didn't party with him the night before. other then that, yah, its all on me. but guessing by your lucerne location you might have a connection to the school. i'll add todays drama that..of course is on me too. said new instructor,spent no less than 4 hours sitting in the office hitting on the NEW office girl who is about 40 years younger than him...guess thats my fault too huh?

thekrell and 12 ga Thank this.
  7. thekrell

thekrell Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2017
    And that's a wrap! lmao. Curious, where you wound up...with school, and after. For me, after over 20 years of banking, decided to make a change and start the trucking thing. Waiting for my final DPS road test. Dropped out of my school after 100 hours because the director was a ####### that apparently hated his job ...HATED IT. Absolutely no business being an instructor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.