Is there no hope left?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Bksrt8, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    When in Canada between the months of October and March, never park on slush or in puddles of water, there is always potential for them to go straight solid ice overnight and lock you in.

If you end up like the OP, you will need a tug out, no amount of digging will help. Those "holes" made by the tires are made of sheer ice, and cold rubber on sheer ice has literally zero grip. So unless you can get some traction material under all the drive tires, it's pretty much hopeless.

Spinning the tires will just polish the ice and make it even harder to get out. OP, I'm not sure if you are out or not, but just call a tow truck if no one will stop and give you a hand, don't waste time and energy struggling.

x1Heavy and Canadianhauler21 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Op probably had extremely limited options to park in Dryden ..

4. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015

OP, I'm assuming now you got out. When I ran reefer and especially now running deck I always carry a few things to help me out. Go buy some kitty litter, a big jug of it. And a smaller jug of ice melt, and a small hand spade. Throw the ice melt around the area in front of your tires and try and get the kitty litter in the ruts for traction.

I've had guys laugh at me until I was the only one who would get into meat inspection, then they all wanted to use my kitty litter and ice melt.

5. HELLBENTDENT

HELLBENTDENT Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Edmonton Alberta
    warm tires and snow/ice....rolling the dice
    good idea once you find a spot...finish the log / paperwork etc...10 - 15mins roll "er ahead or back a foot = no worries o_O
    or you can get real proactive and throw some ice-melt or sand just in front of the tires and roll on to it
    just think...its almost SPRING !!

Macneil Thanks this.
  6. Canucklehead

Canucklehead Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Vancouver BC
    A little warm p*ss under the tires helps. And even sacrificing a gallon of antifreeze can be handy at times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.