is this a good co. to work for?

Discussion in 'Star Transport IL' started by poppysophiedog, Jan 5, 2007.

1. alex94

alex94 Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2008
    good ol CG
    thanks for the post clutch! sounds like you are liking it there so far. how long have you been with them now? and what equip do they have?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    I drive past the terminal in Morton IL quite a bit and it sure seems as though Star is in trouble. Their trailer lot is full and now they have trailers stacked six deep in their bobtail lot. Still see some cars parked there so I guess they still have a few drivers working. Just curious if this was a company wide issue or isolated at that terminal.

4. Clutch Heavy...

Clutch Heavy... Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO

This is Star transportaton inc out of Nashville Tn not Morton Il. these is two different companies...

5. Clutch Heavy...

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO
    Hey alex94 the equipment is all freightliners,we did have volvo's in the fleet but the traded those in. they are tradeing trucks in as they go up on miles, we have colombias,and cascadia's right now... Pretty decent company.

6. Clutch Heavy...

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO
    Hey it's Clutch heavy again and I just got up to the consignee in Michigan, I bumped the dock and they started to unload me and the reciever came out to the truck, and told me that they may have to refuse to whole load but to quality issues. They did end up refuseing it, and I had to call OS&D and get the issue tooken care of. I had to head back down to Conover Nc to take the load back to the shipper and p/u a new trl and head back to michigan. The load was less then five thousands pounds so it wasn't a big deal of going back and forth plus in this economy I'm getting miles!!!! Got down to Conover wednesday morning drop and hooked the load and headed to the house the load didn't deliver back in Michigan until friday morning. I woke up and headed to the consignee later on the afternoon. I got the load off and got another for a pickup in muncie Ind head home to Ohio, Holla at cha later!!!

7. Sammimom

Sammimom Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Hampton, Ga
    Hey Clutch,
    Thanks for all the posts. But are you getting the miles you expected? My husband starts with Star (TN), on monday. I've read a few places that they charge for idling and drivers get only 1100 miles. Can you please give me your input? Anyone else that has info, please let me know. Thanks.

8. Clutch Heavy...

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO
    Hey Simmimom,

The miles differ it goes up and down and varies through out each week some good some bad, rollin at times or sitting for a day. Right now it is tough I'm trying to stick it out myself and see if things start picking up here pretty soon or I myself is going to have to make a move soon. It just seem like you have to be in the right place at the right time.

9. Clutch Heavy...

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO
    I lefted out of the house monday morning headed for Elyria ohio to deliver the load I picked up Friday got to the consignee and got the load off with no problem. I waited all day and they didn't have anything for me to pick up in the area so I asked my FM if I could deadhead to the house and he said yes I would rather layin my own bed then in my truck another night. Got up the next morning and headed to the truck,and there was nothing on the q/c so I waited another hr and finally got something I was to drive and p/u the load in New york head to symrna tenn which is a good run for these times. I got to the shipper in no time and wasn't able to get loaded early so I headed back west on I-90 and shut it down at the truckstop for the night. I woke up the next morning and headed back, got loaded in like 10 mins and headed south me personally out of all the cities I've been through I can't stand to go through Cinnicinatti at all. I drove until I got to the truckstop in Ky and got a nice stop took a shower and shut it down for the night. I got up earl wanted to get a head start getting through (Crashville) OOOppps I mean nashville need to get the truck in the shop also and the consignee is like 10 mins away from the terminal. Got the load dropped and hooked to my MT and headed to the terminal, well keep ya posted...

10. Clutch Heavy...

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO
    Hello Truckers, I got the truck out of the shop I got a load but 1st I have to get me a MT so I could get rollin. My load is to pick up in Bowling Green Ky and it goes to a Wally world DC "Woo Hoo gonna have fun" (Wal Mart) tommorrow morning. I get the the shipper about 1hr later me and another star driver the trls are already preloaded and it's detergent, weight= heavy :). I hook up and haul ##### to the consignee get there with time to spare on my books and wait for my delivery time to try and get it off so I could head to the house for the weekend. The next morning I head into the facility and told that it was a drop and hook so I go in and drop the trl in the correct spot and seach the whole lot and we don't have another trl on the yrd. Wooo Shaaaa ..... Well 2 1/2 hrs later they tell me I'm gonna need diff #'s for this and that, Finally after a screw up on there end and time wasted they get the yrd spotter to put my trl into the door and got it unloaded about 40 mins later. I get my paperwork and head off to my other preplan which is about 30 mins away. I get to the shipper and it's 2 drivers already there and more pulling in. Got a dock door and 30 mins later loaded and headed to the house the load is Due in Dover De monday morning today is Saturday and this is what U call hometime!!! not even enough to get a reset it happens.

11. Clutch Heavy...

Mar 4, 2009
    55mph, OHIO
    Hey forum, I got done with my leauge game I play basketball on the weekends to stay in shape I love the game of basketball. Hit the road around 1pm est headed for Delaware. I got some fuel for the horse sattled up and hit the hi-way go into maryland on 95 # a rest area and shut it down from here I am 1.25 hrs away from the consignee. I wake up the next morning and head on, I get into dover and a U-turn and another turn around I finally get the right directions to the place. When I pull in there is 3 star drivers there 1 waiting with me also and 2 already in the dock. A couple other driviers from different companies was also pulling in just glad I got ther when I did cause boy do they take all day to unload u. Got unloaded after 3 hrs and went down the rd to a walmart parking lot. I sat the rest of monday 13 hrs and all day tuesday waiting on something tuesday I decided I wasn't going to sleep in the truck I needed a shower and a truckstop in Delware so spaced out, yes they have maybe 4 or 5 anyway I got a hotel at my expense cable tv, hot shower later on I get a plan to pick up in dover tomorrow. Keep ya posted

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.