Is this an acceptable BP?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Rahat, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    I know. That's why I need to lose 15-25 lbs

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    You should take the gas station job for 700 a week for now.

Don't get too worried about your bmi of 30. Just make small decisions every day about what you eat and move your body. Really, it is as simple as, you used to get a bacon cheeseburger combo for lunch, now just get the burger forget the fries. Park in the farther away spot when you go to the store. All these small decisions will add up to your success (or failure). It's a lifestyle realignment, if you do anything too drastic you're likely to fail. I never understood why people "went on a diet." Ok, so when you completed the diet, you go back to eating a bucket of chicken and wash it down with a 2L of coca cola and wonder why you shot right back up and usually beyond where you started? Maybe put the 600 pounders show on TV and think you're just fine since you passed on the large pizza as an appetizer or a cheesecake for desert? Cool.

If it makes you feel any better I am 5'7" 220. I topped out at 250 a few years ago and have been up and down since. When I put my mind to it (got my heart ripped out but that's another story) my brain switched gears and I worked out like crazy and ate almost nothing, quickly dropping to 177. Well guess what I got over it and ate my way back up to where I am now. I realize it's unhealthy, it's how I am. I get by just fine, most days. Life ain't perfect and if that's what you need it to be then you're never going to be happy. Again-to each their own. Today =

Another Canadian driver and Rahat Thank this.
  4. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    The 8 mile walking commute to and from the gas station isn't too drastic I think. 2 hours of walk everyday. I did 5 miles the other day in 70 minutes.

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Most medical offices do not take the BP correctly, To start off hey are suppose to let you have a relax period of 15 minuttes to start with, the room should be comfortible not cold, both feet on the floor, not asking you questions during, cuff over bare skin and fit you properly. If your big you need a Large or Extra large cuff. My doctor does not tkae BP, I do that at home, unless theres a problem. But he is not the one whom does my DOT. I use a Chiro in Palmdale near the DMV for that.

6. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert
    Get the job and walk everyday, you won’t regret it. It’s good for you mind as you have the time for yourself and good for your health. You can’t go wrong with walking, and when you get your trucking job continue to stay active. April will be 16 years for me and I’m 6’ 185lbs tire loads baby haha.

7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    With all due respect, thats a load of bullcrap. Some people simply have a much higher background level of anxiety, you can modulate it up and down some, but it returns to baseline.

This is also true for background levels of Depression/Happiness. Yes meditation will help, but all youre doing is temporarily moving the needle. Some peoples depression or anxiety is at such a high level that medication is actually required to function.

The problem is that the setpoint is somewhat genetic, and somewhat epigenetic, that is to say partially unchangeable, and partially ingrained by upbringing. The plasticity for quite a bit of that is gone by puberty, SOME efforts made before the mid-20s will at least give better coping mechanisms, but without life-threatening situations, the brain is incapable of changing the way the neuronal network has been formed. Thats why it takes "rock bottom" for addicts etc to get into any kind of real recovery.

8. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    They say trying to be tough and not taking medication is not the answer. Depression will cause a lot problems if not controlled.

9. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    According to you, that means there are different stages, just like Cancer. I can see one going into a deeper stage where meds are required to control it. The OP is not(hopefully) that deep. Still can be “somewhat@ controlled. I’m no expert, just saying it from what I have learned from it. From what your saying, I think it would be more like a Schizophrenia.

10. Rahat

Rahat Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2023
    It is a temporary thing for me. 6 montjs to a year

11. Eph1987

Eph1987 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2023
    I drink fresh squeezed red beet juice from whole foods before my physical. Lowers my sys & dys BP by 10

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.