Is this program good?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Jbrow327, Dec 28, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    No doubt. Tons of large 3pls don't deal with carriers at all and only give the freight out to other brokers though. As a sad as it is, it's still legal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Its not legal if they call and pretend to be a carrier and then re-broker the load. Need to be clear upfront if your a broker or a carrier and have the paperwork signed. I work at a large 3pl brokerage with a few assets. We would never knowingly give anyone from the Glendale Gang, or even Landstar, any freight and we dont do broker to broker 9 or co-brokring) agreements.

Is double brokering legal?

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    You've missed the point of my initial post. What they do is perfectly legal. There's no law against a 3pl dealing exclusively with other brokers. If XPO has a contract with a customer and they decide they want to give some of that freight to other brokerages only, then that's their prerogative. I'd rather not debate or argue this with you. Have a good day.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. Avrakotos

Avrakotos Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2020
    BC
    Whos arguing? Im simply stating that any brokers who take other brokers freight under a co-brokering agreement arent making enough to survive in this business unless they live in a different country. Same reason why you guys wont haul cheap freight, its impossible to operate for very long. Their also lazy for not picking up the phone and calling out to get customers. Its not that hard if your an honest dependable person.

Anyway, im just shoot the #### since its a slow day at he office but you have a good day as well sir.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Double brokering is deplorable and the possibility of someone sitting in India or Bangladesh to rebroker the freight is even more so. I had quite a few calls from over there too - recognize them easily and they don't even hide where they are from.
    We all hate double brokering - don't we?! I sure do!
    What's to hate?!
    1. Draining the domestic wealth - especially by the parasites from overseas.
    2. No added value of social utility provided by the double brokering. It would be way more beneficial for the freight to be allocated within the land, and the best way to do it would be directly through those (I mean ourselves - the very carriers) who handle the very process.

I'd like to see it to be illegal.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    autopaint, 86scotty, Dino soar and 2 others Thank this.
  7. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    No, "Cheat, and do it now".

8. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    That actually depends. A couple of my larger customers have a 3PL handle their logistics. A third customer of mine is about to go to that after they were bought out by basically the biggest fish in their industry. PLS has been stupid to get figured out, and their general freight for that corporate umbrella tends to be cheap, stupid, or cheap and stupid.

9. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Dad used to call Double Brokers , Wormy or Scudge.

10. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Also- to OP's original question- I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, recommend "Broker training courses". The best way to learn this industry from a broker's side, is to get hired on at a brokerage and learn on someone else's dime.

11. screamingsparrow

screamingsparrow Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2022
    Do you any experience in freight brokering? I have been an agent for 20 years worked at CHR before that. Agencies are going to want you to have a book of business. I wouldn't waste your money on that. training.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.