Is Using Melatonin for Sleep Really Safe?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Feb 8, 2022.

1. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Everything is made In China now
    We have literally moved every factory there .

And everything made in China is full of lead and other chemicals .
    They can’t manufacture anything without poisoning it

Remember the Chinese Sheetrock that was eating up the copper pipes in homes ?

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Monday night during my evening meds I was given melatonin to help me sleep, also go it the next night. Seems to work. I don't generally have trouble sleeping, but I may keep some of this handy for those nights I do.

Boondock Thanks this.
  4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    If I eat healthy and I get my walk in every day I sleep like a baby. If I don’t I toss and turn all night. Driving creates a different kind of tired. It’s a mental tired but not physically tired. You have to get your body physically tired somehow and relaxed properly fall asleep. This is why I strongly promote getting out and doing a walk or some type of exercise for at least an hour every day if you can. you’ll sleep ten times better.

I have used melatonin and the problem with it, it seems to kick in and start working full force about the time I have to wake up and then I’m half asleep the entire next day. And I’ve even taken an hours before I have to fall asleep. Definitely gives me a hangover effect

5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Try herbal teas they can help you relax too, like camomile, a glass of warm milk, and turkey not sure on the science of this but there are some compounds found in both Turkey and Milk that help you sleep. Another product called Ashwagandha is known to have calming effects the key is to not be stressed when trying to sleep. Which is why they say to count sheep as while your doing so your not thinking about stuff that will stress you. Meditation can also calm you and help take stress away which will help you go to sleep. If all else fails its only then that I'll take a sleeping pill.

Boondock Thanks this.
  6. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.