Is work slow for you?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Canadianhauler21, May 17, 2019.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Do that and then scrap ICBC and maybe I could afford to live and work in BC lol.

Canucklehead and BigHossVolvo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    interesting, I’m glad to hear it’s practical.

I was told by a couple ppl, that since CN took over, it’s forced Disptch, and You will get suspended for turning down loads.

Are you company or O/O? Is the speed gauge thing as big of a pain as people make it out to be?

Thimple Thanks this.
  4. tj379

tj379 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2019
    ontario
    bin slow for me as well , ontario and alot us as well seem to have rally slowed in the chemical tanker biz, tank washes have bin scary mt

5. Thimple

Thimple Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Winnipeg, MB

no forced dispatch since CN took over, nothing has changed in that regard.

I'm a company driver.

Speedgauge IS a pain in the butt. I drive hwy 17 in Ontario almost every trip as part of my rounder, I set the cruise to 100 and use the engine brake down the hills topping out at 105.

Speedgauge is set to kick in at 104 in Ontario. It *pings* you randomly. You won't get in #### if you touch 104, but you might. All random. I've gotten in trouble once because it pinged me going 106 down a hill. Was my first warning. 2nd time is a suspension.

Basically a lot of drivers who run 11/17 are more worried about speedgauge than the OPP, myself included.

EDIT: just checked one of our Pennsylvania trips. TransX pays 1,595 miles for this load. On google maps from yard to consignee it says 1,588 miles.

Another run to chicago area, TransX pays 865. Depending on which route you take it's anywhere from 874 to 861 miles.

a Michigan run. TransX pays 1,105, google says 1,108.

Mississauga yard to Winnipeg yard: TransX pays 1,341 regardless of hwy 11 / 17.
    Google says 17 = 1,291, 1= 1,330.

It seems pretty fair to me. Win some and lose some depending on the load.

But the trailers are just really so #### and you lose so much time if you're a guy who does a proper pre trip. So many trailers are OOS but most drivers seem to not give a #### and take them anyway. Most drop and hooks are just like playing the lottery hoping you don't get a piece of OOS #### that some guy dumped there.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    magoo68 and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.