Issue - Need Guidence or Suggestions

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Midnight_tim, May 9, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    After a thought, Im very sure that no one is THAT stupid to pipe up and say YA... that's my stuff. Bring it to warehoue ACME Wyle E Coyote Genius will sign for that truckload. I need it pronto.

And the DEA, ATF, FDA, DOT, Customs and all sorts of people right behind you with raiding strike team... HA... they cannot be that stupid. (Whoever that delivery customer was..)

Now if nothing at all happened and your driver stood there one of two things would have happened. There is nothing for him to unload or back into or... they take it all and laugh to the bank at your Mule Express INC. And call you again for another border run.

Look into Texas law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Any load with contraband in it is meant to be a total loss(smugglers blues), who knows it might have been a decoy, so they could ship the real load,lol.

4. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Thanks for the all replies everyone.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Id find a cheaper storage location. Should be no more then $10 per skid per month. Ask an attorney for advice on what to do. Maybe even call your insurance and ask advice on what to do as well. You may have to keep it in storage until you can take them to court and when they no show the judge says throw it out. What does the broker say?

Just my innitial thoughts.

6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    It’s a simple bait load, something bigger was being shipped on that same lane and you neeed to take the fall for it.

42 bags of brick weed is small potatoes.

Or they looking for a snitch.

7. Midnight_tim

Midnight_tim Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Yea, working on other storage solutions but that was all I could find readily available and in line with other plans. I got the load through Comfreight.com which connects carriers directly to "shippers" so there is no "broker" per se just the customer. Who is still unreachable. Up until that load I've had pretty good success getting decent paying freight through there as everything on DAT is low ball and most of my customers are slow or outsourcing to GlobalTranz or CH right now so they're only calling on me at random.

Insurance company just suggested that I send in an empty and pick it up and put the freight on the yard. I don't have any spare equipment at this moment, will probably see if I can find a cheap storage trailer or something.

Though I do like the idea of a good bon fire this time of year...

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.