isx oil pressure problem

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by 388petedh, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Williamgon

Williamgon Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2009
    USA
    the fleetguard filter for the isx was updated from the lf 9000 to the lf 9070 these are the long versions, there is also a shorter version. the media was redisgned for better flow and filtration. as stated before the egr isx were plugging filters and when i spoke to cummins tech support they stated there is also a software update to change timing and decrease the soot levels. ( at least on the CM870 2004 emissions engines)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thesvg

thesvg Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I have low oil pressure problems all the time (N14) I installed a manual gauge and all my problems were over, something is wrong with my sending unit wiring. but The mechanical is working so i am in no rush to fix it :D

4. wilke

wilke Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    illinois
    My oil pressure was 22. Took me $1000 to find out when they serviced it they put a smaller oil filter on. If you have a dpf system you need the longer filter specificly designed for it. Took three dealers b4 they found it. It is a common error.

5. woody69

woody69 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I would have the static injection timing checked, cummins has been finding that some of the isx engines timing is retarded creating soot (plugging filters), poor starting, and poss engine performance and fuel milage. I am not talking about pinning the crank and putting the wedges in the cams, but dial indicating the piston to injector travel. If your mechanic is good he will know about this... it is in the cummins web sight. If the engine is off in timing and in warranty cummins will pay for the change, It has to be out so much for them to pay, but a good mech will make up the numbers. If it is not in warranty it will cost you about a 1000 to have it done, pulling the cam gears, reset the timing and run the over head. hope this helps. I have been a mechanic for 26 years

6. Cencal transfer

Cencal transfer Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2017
    I have a 08isx every 5000 mi oil filter plugs , loose oil pressure and shut down. Change filter and all good for another 5000 mi. Replaced cam , no change . Tried all different brand filter , Baldwin, fleet guard , ect . No change engine has 450,000 . 5 different shops no answer for problem. Sounds like a common problem

7. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017

Get oil tested. Probably coolant in the oil.

QUALITYTRUCK and SL3406 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.