Isx starter thermo resistor

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Vince_M, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Vince_M

Vince_M Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2023
    So I’ve been having an issue this week with my truck not starting after it’s been running and at temperature. I replaced my ignition switch because that was the easiest and cheapest thing and that didn’t work. So after the truck has been sitting a while it will start. Someone told me to bypass the thermo resistor, he said that it is getting hot and thinks it’s because you’re over cranking the starter and won’t let you start until it cools down. He said to remove the wires and twist them together. I don’t know where this is on the starter and which wires to pull. I have an oil leak and the starter is coated in oil so the heat theory makes sense to me. Oh and when I say it won’t start, it won’t crank. When I turn the key everything works but won’t crank or even make a clicking noise. The truck is a 2005 t2000 with Cummins isx.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kwcam

kwcam Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2012
    at the shop
    There is a two wire connector on the end of the starter near the ground stud area.
    Another easy way is to turn off the over crank parameter is the CECU. anyone with the ESA program can do it.

Vince_M Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.