It has begun..... parking doom!

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by freightwipper, Dec 17, 2017.

1. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Bacon. If I go to the store and theres no bacon, heads will Roll!

Oxbow, O.Henry and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, I'm no longer an outlaw. DashLink connected and ready to start babysitting me ;-)

1217171401.jpg

Oxbow, Highway Sailor, tucker and 2 others Thank this.
  4. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I can see you ready...

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Same. Been on e log since going to Landstar. Make more money than I ever have, and have to turn down loads cause I'm already booked.

peterd Thanks this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    It's really no big deal to me. I cut my teeth on elogs as a company driver. So, I know all the tricks to the trade. Plus as the administrator of the account and the AOBRD setting for the next 2 years, I have a lot of latitude, which believe me, I plan to utilize ;-)

Oxbow and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    This is going to be interesting...good luck guys and gals. I'll be watching the chaos through the windshield of my '98 KW.

Bakerman and Oxbow Thank this.
  8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    An old timer I know who leases onto a company I know is criticizing me via text for putting the sticker on.

This is the same guy who told me 2 years ago he would quit trucking before running elogs!

Guess what? LOL

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I could've easily purchased a pre-2000 truck if I wanted. I live in Oregon and run into CA and back, which is not an option for me based on what and where I want to work.

I said earlier I only work 40 to 45 hrs a week and go home, so, the babysitter isn't that restrictive to me. Plus, I book all my own loads, when & I where I choose to run.

Oxbow and longbedGTs Thank this.
  10. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    You bring up a good point. I have a feeling that O/O who have more control of their loads will have an easier time with electronic logs versus company drivers who aren't as in the "know" as to their loads and what the next load will involve.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Do we REALLY have to put on the stickers?!? It's mandatory now, putting on the stickers is just,,,, ADVERTISING.

Anyway I don't know if this was 'cause of eLogs or not but I saw a lot of rigs hiding on the secondaries near my house. There's a few "unofficial" parking spots, usually a guy will sit in one for the night or just to get a catnap before sunrise, but today pretty much all of them had a rig or two loitering in them.

Not sure if it's because today is "doomsday" or Monday (is that redundant?) but we might be seeing the effect already.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.