It has begun..... parking doom!

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by freightwipper, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Don't know what the deal is,
    But I came back home and there was someone in my spot!

Grrrr.

tow614 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. benthere

benthere Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    The shomee
    mail man

O.Henry, longbedGTs and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    One day, come on.

nax Thanks this.
  5. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I suggest all you guys quit....

Apparently you were never able to run legal with paper logs and this only serves to prove the point.

peterd and Just passing by Thank this.
  6. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I understand supply and demand and it's going to take more drivers to do the job we do now , but , Someone explain how Drivers late for pick ups and deliveries make us more valuable , I think we lose miles , lose respect , lose reputation for making deliveries on time even under adverse conditions .
    And all this is going to make us more money ?
    It seems to me the ELD just made me a less valuable driver .
    I would hire the guy with the old dependable truck with no ELD that tells me he will get the load delivered

BoostedTeg and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    You mean .. the driver who is willing to drive 36 hrs straight and kill an entire family, now making you complicite in the law suit.

peterd, tucker and driverdriver Thank this.
  8. Vio

Vio Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2012
    AZ
    Not for me ,I got a premium rate for a team load....

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    Yep that's the one , he's been off the road for many years , but the few outlaws that ran like that will never be forgotten

7-UP Thanks this.
  10. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    I'd like to know how the guy driving 36 hours strait got his fuel receipts to match up , this is a straw man that hasn't exsisted for 20 years , and if someone was willing to blatently break the rules what's going to stop him from unplugging the magic box or just ignoring it ,
    I've been out here through it all , drivers changed a lot in the past 20 or 30 years but , some still think we're drug crazed maniacs who haven't slept in days

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    To be fair, there are 2 kinds of drivers in the world.
    1. Those who can make the truck [owner] and the driver money, even with the challenges of eLogs
    2. and those who can't or won't adapt and improvise to eLogs, and consequently cost everybody money, and complain the whole time.
    Once you get past the challenges and learn to think and get past the occasional issues, you'll be surprised how much easier things get not dealing with all the day to day and hour to hour issues of paper. I don't like to sound like I'm pro-eLog. I just don't see where all this "sky is falling" stuff comes from. I fought and resisted them for years, but within a week after having to go on them (about 5 years ago), I did not want to consider going back to paper. Granted, this is coming from a company driver. Being a truck owner or lease op, I may have felt differently, I don't know.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Highway Sailor, peterd, ZVar and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.