It's been very quiet in the KLLM forum

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by bloke, Jan 15, 2009.

1. the professor 94703

the professor 94703 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    1st time post in this thread. Been at KLLM 15 years. I've been wondering where a thread would be about KLLM. It has been an interesting place.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AF461

AF461 Medium Load Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Dover, DE
    Obviously it must be a decent company if you've been there for 15 years. How do they treat you today? Are still treated the same way after all these years? Are they still giving you good miles?

4. Big Al C

Big Al C Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    I came back from 3 days off Sunday in Jackson. So, not good week last week. Truck they made me switch to needed a little work. No shop on weekend, so was given a short trip down to Louisiana to make a few miles and be sent back Monday to get repairs done. Ok, stayed in shop all day Tuesday and took off that night with a load for New Jersey. Delivered last night, 1000+ miles. This morning they give me a load of bananas to pick up at port in Pa to go to Indiana, friggin WalMart, for Monday morning....all of 630 miles or so. So, after off week, all I'm gonna' get this week is almost 1700 miles. After the 100 bucks I keep for my eating and other expenses for the week and taxes, etc. I will only have less than 400 bucks to put in the bank for my wife to pay the bills with.

I'm going to be honest with you guys asking about the miles here...I get a few good weeks here and there, but many like this week. My wife told me she wanted my check "stubs" so she could try and apply for food stamps like before I even had a job because it's so hard to pay the bills on what I make with a family. Would be nice if, when you work as hard as you can...you made enough money to live on.

5. chickinqueen

chickinqueen Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2005
    louisiana
    Well I am saying good bye to KLLM after 7+ years. I quit. My miles have gone way down and since I refuse to become a "sharecropper" my loads are all in the NE. When and if they decide to revert to being a trucking company not a finance company I would consider returning

6. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    Well, can't say I blame you, as that's basically why I left. When they would call me and ask about the lease/ sharecropper program, I would say, I'm still kind of new, and really don't want to buy a truck yet. Give me a year or two under my belt, before I decide to buy a truck or not. I would get the same sales pitch after that about how wonderful it is. I had decided I was going to do the lease after 6 months, and called the lady in charge of the program and told I was ready, but then, they all of a sudden cut the pay for lease drivers, and increased the truck payments. That's when I backed out and told them, I had just decided, I really didn't want to do the lease. After that, I was Northeast Bound. They kept me running 200 mile, 300 mile trips that started on Friday and delivered on Monday. It was also, suddenly hard for them to get me back home at my scheduled hometime, due to being in Kennedy Country, and I live in Louisiana. Or they would send me with a load to the consumer only state of Florida, and I would end up sitting 2 days because there were no loads leaving Florida. I saw the handwriting on the wall at that point. No biggie though. There is always something bigger and better on the other end of the rainbow after you leave.

7. chickinqueen

Nov 13, 2005
    louisiana
    Sharecroppin aint the way to go

8. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    This week on the company voice message Jim Richards made a statement on this issue. It is the first that has been said in support of company drivers in quite a while. I am cautiously optimistic, but
    At the same time I'm getting new junk mail from recruiting again(over the qualcomm) about leasing. Not sure what to say.

9. chickinqueen

Nov 13, 2005
    louisiana
    yes I remember the barrage of infomercials..........what did big jim say btw??? CQ

10. the professor 94703

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    He said that company drivers are still wanted. In the same breath he also said turnover with company drivers was 100% and lease/O-O was only 30 %.
    In this weeks message he also said that the company did not have any trucks available.

11. buckshotexpress

buckshotexpress Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Clayton GA
    I have a application in with KLLM waiting to have it approved thru safty. CR england done accepted me but ive heard tons of horror storys kinda scary 1s. so is KLLMs lease purchase really the better 1 of the big companys? and how is the rider policy. can you have more than 1 rider? like wife and kid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.