It's time we say our goodbye's

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by STORMYDAWN, May 20, 2014.

1. STORMYDAWN

STORMYDAWN Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2009
    After almost 2 years working for Gordon we are going to say adios. It's sad to say that we felt more than just a number from the time we arrived here but ever since the acquisition with Heartland we feel like no one has our back out here. To anyone thinking about starting with Gordon/Heartland my advise is to wait about 2 years until the dust has settled. Hopefully things will be better then.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
  4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Sorry to hear it is that bad. So many changes everywhere and they don't protect the assets they have. Hope you have something lined up.

5. STORMYDAWN

Jul 10, 2009
    We have many companies beating down our door. A team with a clean DAC an MVR are like gold. It's just a shame we have to leave like this because in the beginning they treated us wonderfully.

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    [QUOT=STORMYDAWN;4026811]We have many companies beating down our door. A team with a clean DAC MVR are like gold. It's just a shame we have to leave like this because in the beginning they treated us wonderfully.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. My wife and I started teaming with them in 2009. In january of 2013 things changed so much that my wife and I decided she would leave and find a job outside of trucking and once she got insurance I would follow.

After she left they started treating me a little better as a solo driver ( gordon really was not a team company ). After the buyout I thought I would give It a try but things went downhill fast around December and I had to move on.

My wife did find a good job at the local hospital and I have found a great job driving for a company near home.

Good luck but after my wife and I teamed for 10 years and drove for several companies we found the smaller companies were the best. Avoid the big ones.

7. STORMYDAWN

Jul 10, 2009
    Glad it worked out for you Tow. My husband and I are thinking about trying something totally different where we are home every day and home weekends driving separate trucks. Who knows, may be the worst decision or best decision. Won't know if we don't try. There will be other companies if it doesn't work out. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hope for the best but prepare for the worst is my motto....good luck

STORMYDAWN Thanks this.
  9. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    I heard from a GTI driver that they are getting rid of the APU's on the blue trucks. Any truth to that?

10. STORMYDAWN

Jul 10, 2009
    I seriously doubt it. I know that there are new blue trucks coming on the road daily and they still have the APU's. I can't imagine they will go away.

BigRigFisher324 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.