IWX Motor Freight

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mathematrucker, Jan 6, 2020.

1. GL1800

GL1800 Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    If your dispatcher is on their A game & you’re also, 3000-3500 miles/week is pretty easily doable! Gotta have limited inefficiencies & keep the DRIVER’s DOOR CLOSED... This is achievable on E LOGS drivers...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Do you remember if they accepted your previous DOT Physical or did they make you go to a facility in Springfield?

4. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I don't remember for sure but if yours is less than 6 months old they might accept it. Call them and ask.

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    They accepted my exsisting medical, I was hired out of the Kingman Yard, but that was 09/11/2001. Our onboarding happened in like 2 days. My first dispatch was Kingman to Red Cross New York...

RStewart, Chinatown and Zoltan1a Thank this.
  6. Zoltan1a

Zoltan1a Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    They wanted me to fly out to Missouri to get the physical,I shall pass.

7. Toro Trux

Toro Trux Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2022
    The recruiter told me 85 percent of the freight would be delivered in so cal , you will get miles when salinas is busy.

8. 6.0PSDisone

6.0PSDisone Bobtail Member

May 23, 2023
    I’m a current driver and I’m home most weekends with worries about my full time status. I’ve talked to a few members of our management team back before we was bought out by WFX and was told as long as we made an effort to be available for loads and basically don’t turn down loads to get out then you really don’t have to worry about losing your full time status. I am based out of Springfield so I really don’t have issues with getting the miles.

I do love that our equipment is kept up really well. If we find any issues it will be addressed as soon as we get back to the yard.

9500 miles in a set of 4 weeks period or 19,000 miles in a 8 week period I typically average 2500-3000 per week so I’m not worried about keeping my full time status.

9. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    IWX got bought out by WFX? No way their management is as good as Steve Coulter's was. I hope it works out for you.

10. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    No intentions of working there, but just curious about a few things, cause this was an interesting thread to read:

Are they generous with sick days and vacation days? I’d imagine those who find themselves facing health issues and NEED the benefits would be the ones at the highest risk of losing the benefits. If vacation and sick days are generous though, I reckon it’s not an issue

Do breakdowns count towards miles? As in, if you’re down for 3 days, do they just hand out 500 miles per day or some other number?

Are dispatchers also held under the same pressure? If they don’t dispatch 9000 miles to the driver, assuming they were always available, do they lose full time status? I’m sure the legality is a little different for someone in an office position

Is it a month to month basis for you all or is there a delay between losing and gaining benefits?

Do they determine when drivers can shut down for weather and assist with miles to even it out? I’d imagine some drivers getting into hairy situations if they’re trying to tack on enough miles to keep benefits

9000 miles in a 4 week period isn’t a ton for most of us, but it’s certainly higher than the number I’d perceive as ‘full time’.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.