J.B Hunt Intermodel

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Ike, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Bigman58

Bigman58 Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I

b
    e
    e
    n

w
    o
    r
    I
    m
    n
    g
    t
    h

r
    a
    I

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigman58

Feb 12, 2014
    I've been working the rail for the last year with JB in Harrisburg as an IC.
    Gave my weeks notice today. Lots of driver turn over. Most people don't like it.
    I was local and was paid mileage. It's a scam! Zip code miles. Drop a load, and look for an mt. They send you 25 miles and only pay 9. Miles paid are always off by at last 10 each way.
    Do 4 loads a day and it adds up. I figured I was shorted over $100 a day. .85 cpm plus fuel.
    JB justifies the theft! they are a "BIG MACHINE". And the machine is geared at profit.
    They expect me to haul loads at a lose! Something the machine will not do! If you don't like it leave is basically the way It is! FYI
    Company drivers get paid all miles plus stop pay. However, the waiting times at the rail and customer, fueling the truck....all time on duty not driving can be 4-5 hours some days. Can't claim detention for first 1-1/2 hour. Good equipment. The best technology on the market are in the JB day cabs. There are a few drivers who've been with them a long time.
    I don't like working for a bully and a thief!

4. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    ^^^^^ lost and confused

5. TDevine729

TDevine729 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2014
    work for a freight company. Con-way pays overtime after 8 hours a day.

6. TDevine729

Mar 4, 2014
    work for a freight company. Con-way pays overtime after 8 hours a day.

7. ewill71

ewill71 Heavy Load Member

Oct 3, 2011
    mcgregor tx
    I make more per hour regional than what Conway would pay me.

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i work intermodal out of charlotte for jb and they are some cheap rascals. last year i made 38,800. truly the low point of my career. no comments needed please.

9. TDevine729

Mar 4, 2014
    Regional JB Hunt so you're home on the weekends? I might as well do that its the only time I see my family anyway

10. Bigman58

Feb 12, 2014
    I always wanted to work for JB, and I did last year. I signed on as a company driver after leaving comtrak who is JB's #1 competitor. Comtrak is an all owner operator company. (Hub Group) I wasn't making the money I thought I should be making having my own truck, with all the responsibility and risk involved. I put it up for sale, and went to JB. I worked Thursday thru Monday on the 4 am shift. 14 hour days on weekends but I'd take home $850. I was happy with that. (even though its clear our dollar doesn't go as far). 3 months later, truck not sold. I decided to sign on with JB as an IC. Thinking I'd established a good repose with management. I thought they would like to see me be successful. Always on time, not one incident. Clean record. Thought I had an edge. I would succeed where others failed!
    JB is not your partner! They are more of an adversary! I'm really let down by the "my way or the highway" attitude!
    One IC was approached by management about the sleep apnea! He cleared DOT standards for the test, but JB has higher standards. Thing is JB originally cleared him. A couple of months later, he bought a truck and leased it on. Some how JB reversed their decision. His truck is still sitting in the yard. I feel sorry for him. He's a good guy. Having that on his record (unnecessarily mind you!!) he is finished in trucking. If your interested in Intermodal as an O/O, I think it's better to work for an outside vendor whom JB passes the over flow to. The reason Intermodal is attractive, is we are home nights. If you have your own truck, never sign on with a Company operation. O/O stick together. You will always be the outsider, and an air of hostility with a smile prevails, because we have the option to refuse loads! And they hate that! Don't know why they allow it, because if you turn down a load, they will never have anything else for you! Don't now why JB has an IC program. If your going to do intermodal, do it as company
    driver, not an IC!
    Have a good day, and be safe!

1catfish Thanks this.
  11. DavidBrownTrucking

DavidBrownTrucking Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2007
    St. Louis

It seems that IC's are treated differently around the country. All the ones working out of Kansas City are still here since the 3 years I have been here. And they tell me they are fairly happy. I hear the same thing about company intermodal drivers. Different parts of the country they are happier than other terminals. As I have said before I do local intermodal out of St. Louis and I'm very happy. $50,000 last year and I work m-f.

ewill71 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.