J-Mar Inc

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Brandy Jones, Nov 23, 2020.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I remember hearing that at the first AA meeting I went to. That was 28 years ago and I use that bit of advice religiously here on TTR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Tread lightly, my friend.

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    As far as the IRS, if @Brandy Jones and her husband were working as 1099 employees, they were misclassified and I would not hesitate to file a complaint for that misclassification. If everyone that gets screw by these 1099 employers would do the same there wouldn't be as many companies trying to get away with this scam.

5. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    J-Mar is a pretty reputable company in ND. I know they dont pay employees on a 1099. My brother worked there out of Bismarck and my bud worked out of Fargo. Not my first choice employer, but there's definitely worse.

Bean Jr., AModelCat, Dennixx and 5 others Thank this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Like pulling a uturn, in front of a high school, at 1530 with a cop standing 20 feet away?

20201124_205715.png

How he avoided knocking down a light pole or three is beyond me.

Or how the girl who got drunk and did "something " to cause the truck stop to call the company and/or the cops. I know the cops got called, just not by whom. We had the cops take the keys, drop her at a motel for the night and termed her.

Or the guy who threatened to drive his truck to Green Bay and park it inside the office?

Or the guy who drifted across the center line on a 2 lane road and put two cars in the ditch, then didn't pull over for the cops?

Or the guy who was assigned an impossible dispatch and was told (both verbally and over the qualcom) to trip plan and send in safe and legal etas; then was advised by his TE on the best possible trip plan (stay where you are, you don't have time to get under the load and get to legal parking); then decided to try and pick up the load anyways. He was 15 minutes over his 14, missed his turn, made an illegal left turn from a 55 mph road onto a farm road, decided to stop/got stuck with his overhang still on the main road and then was hit by a bob tail. Then he tried to back out onto the main road, despite having a severed brake line, so he left very noticeable drag marks and flat spotted tires?

So yeah, if we kick a guy out in the middle of the road, there's usually a good reason.

7. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Or this turn in Winnipeg. Marion Ave and Archibald Street. My GPS is always telling me to turn left, I did once and hit the light pole. Just dented the bottom light there. I was committed to making the turn before I realized what was gonna happen.

No I didn’t knock the pole over, although the city crew wishes someone would. I admitted my mistake to the company, got my wrist slapped and was told to not do it again. Now I go a few blocks further and work my way back to Archibald.

Moral of the story is... Admit when your wrong, don’t take a turn if it looks bad or you could end up smacking a pole and light like I did.

Attached Files:

Lonesome, magoo68 and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  8. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Where you heading that you turn left on archibald from that direction. And yes it gets narrow if you dont use both lanes to turn .

hotrod1653 Thanks this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    How big is the fleet that you have that many screw ups?

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Not heading into the Burlesque Palace I hope.....:rolleyes:

magoo68, MACK E-6 and hotrod1653 Thank this.
  11. Brandy Jones

Brandy Jones Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Yeah. I lost alot. My own fault m glad u r well, hands down A'ho

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.