J-Mar Inc

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Brandy Jones, Nov 23, 2020.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Me too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I think the mods are ok with people calling out bs as long as they arnt stupid about it , I don't generally do it because I've got better thing to do than argue .
    Also most road train members have been here long enough to know that in threads like this all the facts seldom come out and after the flames die off the op is never heard from again .
    I do try to be tactful and polite tho.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You don't seem to mind when I do it. o_O

JohnBoy and bzinger Thank this.
  5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Where has DOG been ? The arse chewing i got from him a few years ago was legendary ! Lol

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I've been reprimanded plenty.

But most of the time when I've posted things that are "just plain mean, degrading or at the least insulting" they have been intended as good advice.

One of the first things I tell my trainees is "I will say a lot of things that make you think I think you're an idiot. I don't, but experience has taught me that I can't assume you know things, so I make things explicitly clear to avoid a worse than bad outcomes".

There is a difference between saying "that's a dumb thing that you did" and "you're a friggin idiot" and "just how many times did your mamma drop you on your head?".

I lit into a newbie on here several weeks ago. They responded back with some snark, that I just brushed off. A few weeks later that newbie PM'd me that the advice I'd given was actually pretty darn good.

There are dumb questions. They need to be asked, but the best answer to dumb questions isn't always the direct answer but a kick in the pants towards the answer. I can give my trainees the answer to any question they ask, but I tend to follow the Socratic method, making them find the answer themselves based off of "first principles" and logic. It's the same concept of "give a man a fish he eats for the day, teach a man to fish and he has the potential to eat for a lifetime".

The first post I made on TTR was a dumb ##### post. I asked a question that had already been answered, and beyond that it was a question I could have answered for myself with the information I already had. Sometimes it's cruel to be kind, and sometimes it's kind to be cruel. If a person can't handle constructive criticism, criticism, and "get your head out" statements, they can't handle driving a truck.

7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    He's "road train" now, it's not as scary.

MACK E-6, JohnBoy and bzinger Thank this.
  8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I know my place.

MACK E-6 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    He’s still around. He doesn’t have my blabber mouth so he works mostly behind the scenes sniffing out spammers and retreads.

10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Roflmao....well give him my love ok ?

11. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The big things that will get somebody on my bad side in a hurry is a bully, dog piling on somebody, and talking down to somebody with an “I’m better than you and I know it” attitude.

Beyond that, few things that happen here are worth my having to contact somebody and say “hey, behave yourself”.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.