J&R Schugel Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by wfutch79, Jun 12, 2017.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Holy gamoley. Dang. Wanna trade for 38 degrees and rain, and all the wood for the furnace is wet, because I forgot to tarp it?!?!? ;) LoL.

I've been to Tifton a few times when I was OTR. Used to deliver to Prestolite (a division of Ford)... and DON'T miss that place.

Dang, man. Do what I did when I was thata way.... buy a 2 dollar bag of ice, and put it in front of the fan........ it's hillbilly a/c.. it really works!

Glad to hear you are still hanging in, man. We always get tested out here; a DEER tested ME last night. I won. ;)

Vic Firth and wfutch79 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wfutch79

wfutch79 Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    I can not remember where in Ohio you are located BUT I will be delivering to Massillon, Ohio ... up near Canton on Friday ( hopefully ).

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I run thru Massillon on the daily (well, nightly!) I'm about 1.5 hours southwest..... LET ME KNOW your ETA... knowing however, I run nights. Something could work! Hopefully this 'weather' we are having will be gone by then, LoL! I literally drove in a light SNOW coming home this morning. Yeah. :( Already!

5. hoosiergirl

hoosiergirl Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Indiana
    Ah man, that stinks. I thought you had a new truck.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    It could be the condenser fan fuse that blew...mine did the same thing

7. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    After my trip to Massillon, Ohio .... which to my surprise turned into a drop n hook I went to Groveport, Ohio and picked up a load bound for Minneapolis, Minnesota .... bbbrrrrrr IT WAS COLD THERE! 19 degrees the morning I delivered.

After I was unloaded in Minneapolis I went to Farmington, Minnesota and picked up a load that went to Whitewater, Wisconsin ... pretty short trip. Was a load of McDonald's yogurt ... most disgusting crap I have ever eaten might I add.

After that it was off to Ryder Logistics in Milwuakee, Wisconsin to pick up a load of cream cheese bound for Atlanta Marketplace in Union City, Georgia ... which is always a drop n hook for us. From there I did not have a pre-plan immediately, which was sort of odd.

About an hour goes by and I finally get a load to bring me home. Americold in Piedmont, South Carolina to McLane in Orlando, Florida. I got this on Wednesday late morning and the appointment time said 1300 .... and it delivered at 0530 ..... I started freaking out because I was almost out of hours and there was no way I would make an on time delivery. Then I realized the dates .... it picked up Thursday afternoon at 1300 and delivered Friday morning at 0530. I had a little time to relax and sleep. I drove through the night last night and made it into McLane shortly after 1am, they had me unloaded by 0130 BUT I did not get my paperwork until almost 0500. They are very quick to unload but take FOREVER to complete paperwork.

I am now at home, will be hitting the road again on Tuesday as I have several doctors appointments on Monday. I did not plan to come in until Saturday or Sunday but they got me here early .... that's cool with me.

8. hoosiergirl

hoosiergirl Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Indiana
    Sounds like nice loads-no ha except fur the delayed paperwork.

I'm curious how your wife is handling the otr? My husband started school and his first otr job around the same time you did (different company) and it's been a hard adjust for me so I'm curious how others are handling it?

9. wfutch79

Jul 1, 2013
    St. Petersburg, Florida
    She says she is OK. She works two jobs right now, 1 Part Time and 1 Full Time, so her time is occupied for the most part. I come home every two weeks right now so we see each other often. We talk on the phone at least once a day, sometimes more. We Skype or Video Call at least one time a week, sometimes more. I think deep down inside she does miss me being home every day but does not tell me.

G13Tomcat and hoosiergirl Thank this.
  10. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm so behind on TTR, finishing the last of asphalt running in the next week or 3... product still hot enough from the origin, but paving in the 'teens' temps here is skiffy and iffy... who knows; they'll run it in the 40's however; we should be there next week.

Hope all works out with the med'scare. BTDT. Still following, man. You really should HMU when you're in Ohio, notwithstanding I'm running when most people are sleeping.

Tanks are great, once you get the hang of the rig itself (which you are, yo!) it falls into place. I don't know any offhand in Florida, but I'll check around before the spring comes if it helps.

Enjoy your off time, it's a tougher job for the wife sometimes; I know from experience. Ask @Pianoman also.... <<< btw: Your company.... ~ anything down his way, bro? Just thinking out loud.

Happy Veteran's day to any and all of you reading this. I'll make a thread on it tomorrow; kids are in a band parade and I've gotta get up and rolling early'ish for a night guy.

Keep your chin up, Mr. Futch. Stay warm (<<hahaha! note to self.....btw!)
    Talk soon,
    Tom

11. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    It's been a while, man. Hope all is well with you!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING~! ;)
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.