Jack Cooper Lansing is hiring

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by NuCar Carrier, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Cassens in Smyrna doesn’t go south unless they have new traffic that I am unaware of. If you really want to work for Cooper you could hire on with Cooper in Louisville and transfer south when an opening comes up. Occasionally Bowling Green Ky will have transfer openings, but that terminal is more of a long haul road board. You couldn’t count on getting home often. Several other companies have a big presence in Atlanta that seem to hire often. Hansen and Adkins Smyrna could get you to or thru Atlanta every trip if you have the nerve to deal with Atlanta.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    The only reason I mentioned Smyrna was that is the closest Cassens terminal to me. I’ve got plenty of choices as far as employers in the Atlanta area, but as far as unionized car haulers my choices are none, except Cooper, which doesn’t seem to be a viable option. It seems like the pay is drastically different between the non union carriers, if I move over to carhaul I want to get the best employment situation possible, compensation being an important factor.

4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    You may be shocked at what some of the non union carhaulers make at various companies and locations, not all but some. I didn’t leave nearly 30 years in the union to make less. Even company drivers do good if they work.

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Also many of the owner ops and company drivers here and other companies are long time former Teamsters. There weren’t any Union owner op companies when I came here, but I probably wouldn’t leave now if there were.

6. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Having been in this corner of the industry as long as you have, who would you recommend as the best in the industry? If I’m going to be in it, I want to do it for the best.

7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I have only been in this part of the industry for 7 years, but I started trucking at Consolidated Freightways in 87. I have seen quite a bit of change in my various jobs. I would hate to recommend one particular company as what works for me may not work for you. Jack Cooper is a great company but so is the company I lease to. PM and maybe I can give you more insight. I will tell you this if you don’t really have a burning desire to haul cars and you already have a great job, you may be disappointed with carhaul. It was a let down for me at first, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.