Jack Cooper logistics and Hansen

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Colorato, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Let's not act like for a second my pension isn't affected as well. The lack of organizing and mismanagement of the CSPF is a whole different story. Cooper and Cassens can't be held responsible for the pension fund they paid into it. Like it or not that's the IBT.

finbyrd, skinnytrucker, cisco and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdc68

jdc68 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Back in the day I was a member of local 705 Chicago's independent truck drivers Union they went bust back in 2003 and we joined up with local 710 , we had guys that was 6 months away from retirement from 705 . they were SOL.

4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I'll dig tomorrow, see if I can figure where I saw it. Too wiped right now

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed and Colorato Thank this.
  5. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I misread what it exactly said:

Not that they will be unable to make loan payments, but that they won't be able to fully pay off a short-term loan and will need to refinance. Not a default, but still an indication that all is not rosy in JCT's world. Since Moody's initial assignment of a Corporate Family Rating of B2 in June 2013, they have been downgraded twice, an indication that the analysts believe that Cooper still has issues to resolve relating to operational inefficiencies.

https://www.moodys.com/research/Moo...orate-Family-Rating-to-Caa1-Senior--PR_325288

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I also hate that some of my 27 +years in Central States will not be paid at 100%. My 10 years at Ups won't be cut, but my C.F. and carhaul years will be cut. However I am a realist and in my nearly 30 years in trucking, I have seen more Union carriers go out of business that I can count. A pension fund simply can not sustain itself for long when it has a small fraction of members actively contributing to a group of retires. It sucks but times have changed and if Central States is going to survive if has to make cuts. This should be a wake up call to the younger members to save as much as you possibly can in your 401k. I have always planned for my retirement checks to be much smaller than what I will be able to receive from my 401K. If the pension survives great, if not I will still have a financially secure retirement!

finbyrd, brian991219, Terry270 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. GCH7224

GCH7224 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Florida
    Go to this link: nmata-master-2015-final.pdf. This was the new master contract that JC Drivers voted down in October 2015 if I'm not mistaken. The agreement for Jack Cooper begins at the bottom of page 12 and then read page 13, section 4 (A) and (B).This is where the specific language is in regards to Jack Cooper acquiring a non-union carrier. I'm currently a Hansen Adkins driver and have been hearing about this since July of 2015 but then when the new contract was rejected in October, all the talk of JC acquiring Hansen Adkins quieted down quite a bit.

finbyrd and bamanation Thank this.
  8. GCH7224

GCH7224 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Florida
  9. GCH7224

GCH7224 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Florida
    I still believe that Jack Cooper is going to acquire Hansen & Adkins. There have been alot of changes at H & A over the last year. Some of those changes mirror how JC operates so we'll see what happens now that were in the new year. I think that JC was hoping to sneak the new contract by everyone under the radar, hoping the JC drivers would approve it and therefore would of fast tracked the process of acquiring H & A but when the JC drivers overwhelmingly rejected it things have gotten awfully quiet since the contract was voted down and I think that threw a wrench in JC's plans. Just my two cents worth.

10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    T

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    Reason for edit: Changed my mind
  11. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    United Road would be a more likely suitor for Hansen and Adkins. An acquisition would give URS the greater scale and geographic reach they sought by acquiring Waggoners. Their investment bank owners have deep pockets to make it happen, while Jack Cooper is still trying to get profitable after the Allied acquisition.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.