Jack Cooper logistics and Hansen

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Colorato, Oct 20, 2015.

1. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Not disagreeing with you. However Hansen and Adkins upper management all came from an IBT environment. Hadley Auto Transport, etc. Merging into the JCT fold would be no big deal for them. In the management side of carhaul in the IBT world, everybody knows each other. Hence the saying, be careful who you piss off, they may come back as your boss :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I was thinking of joining H&A because piggybacking has been slow but I don't work for union companies. It opens up a whole new set of rules that you have to contend with and at my age(57) it's simply not worth it. I've been screwed by the union and I know at least 3 other that have too.

4. ktut

ktut Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I have never been screwed by a union just the opposite promises of higher pay scales better time off just to be lied too and miss lead from a non union job at least at a union shop you have a thing called a contract holding a company from taking advantage of you and other's long live the union and rights of the blue collar

finbyrd, jbelles and Banker Thank this.
  5. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    HAHAHAHAHA The events leading up to the 1985 Carhaul strike was just that. An attempted screwing by the lovely IBT. The members didn't buy the bull$hit and voted down the nonsense from windbag Jackie Presser's henchmen.
    The company HAS to honor the agreement whether it be master, conference, or local rider. It is the boy's on your side that you have to keep an eye on.

skinnytrucker and ktut Thank this.
  6. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    Give it more time you will be.

7. ktut

ktut Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Lol

8. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I agree with you that union jobs are great. I loved working for Allied Systems back in the day but I don't recall many drivers that didn't ##### about the union or company management.

9. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    When anyone of you find the perfect job, company, union, boss, hobby, investment, family or anything else that is infallible please let me know! Until then you go with what you think is best. For the Union haters, continue with your non union jobs, as I have worked several, but don't gripe when your work schedule, pay, benefits or anything else is randomly changed without your input. If a CEO deserves a contract, why shouldn't an employee? I have worked both sides of the fence and worked just as hard on either side, but by working Union you know exactly what is required by you the employee and exactly what is required by the employer as well. If you don't like it you don't have to work there, but there is no guessing about what is expected from both sides.

10. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    It is a double edged sword. It is the SIGNED AGREEMENT that gets a driver the good wages and bene's. What some drivers cannot comprehend is that they work for the Company NOT the Union. Most spend their whole careers just doing their work and making their dough. It is the 10% that do as little as possible all the while sucking on the IBT Tit.

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  11. ktut

ktut Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2013
    How true

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.