Jack Cooper Transport

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by cat2, Mar 18, 2014.

1. cat2

cat2 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Hey, does anybody know where Jack Cooper transport has a terminal in Massachusetts. There is a posting on CraigsList for auto haulers for jack Cooper. It sounds great. Good Pay, great benefits, apply now!! It is Listed in the Worcester/Boston area. For some reason it has been posted by Cdl Careers .com. Hmmmm? Is this some recruiting scam or are they legit and working with Jack Cooper Transport? I cannot leave a message at their main branch in Kansas City,Mo. I will try again when the voicemail isn't full. So, I am posting on here to see if anyone else has answered this add. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Ive seen the add, there is one here in Albany as well thats been running every week for the last month or more. For the hell of it I copied and googled that add and it appears they have the same one listed in a dozen cities or more throughout the east coast. Starting to question the legitamacy.

4. cat2

cat2 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Massachusetts
    They are advertizeing in the Albany CraigsList too? Must be a nationwide shortage of carhaulers. Well anyways, I filled out some online form. Answered the questions and put in some past employment history. Then hit the send button. This is not a Jack Cooper Transport website. But, there is some of jack cooper logo's and photos from the JCT website. all my info went to CDL CAREERS NOW.COM . I can just wait and see what kind of responses that I get. Thanks for the reply.

5. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    If you go straight to Jack Coopers websight to apply it links you to that same one CDLCAREESNOW. Im just wondering if someone pasted these adds all over craigslist. I just found it strange that they would have such a driver shortage at one of the better paying car haul companies. Unless maybe there anticipating some type of labor stir up through the union?

6. realsimple

realsimple Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2013
    All over
    I've talked to the terminal manager he said they only do short work for now in state and r.i something like that. Don't feel in those apps on cdlcareersnow. Go to jack cooper.com print the app fill it out then call the terminal to get their fax number and fax it to the manager that's your best bet I would not send the app to corporate in Kansas City the lady in human resources has a serious attitude problem . Also you wil get faster results dealing with the terminal directly ... Hope that helps you out. Good luck

MichiganTruckMangler Thanks this.
  7. cat2

cat2 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Thanks For the reply. I will try that also. United Road has a terminal/railyard in Ayer,Ma. / Ft. Devens. I am going to check that out also. Thanks!

WhyDriveTruck Thanks this.
  8. jackcooperhr

jackcooperhr Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Gentleman, Jack Cooper is working with CDL Careers Now to recruit qualified car haulers. As you may or may not know, we are growing rapidly, and so are our customers. We are currently taking applications in the North and East. Please feel free to submit your application to CDLCareersNow or directly to Jack Cooper Transports Human Resources department: careers@jackcooper.com
    Regards,
    Human Resources
    Jack Cooper Transport

9. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    There is an Auto/Railhead Ramp in Ayer, MA that handles Boston area Ford traffic. That ramp could possibly handle GM, Chrys, also. Not sure these days. There is also a Ramp in Selkirk, NY and Guilderland, NY both Albany area. Volvo comes in to the Port of RI in N. Kingstown, RI. Jack Cooper Transport is now one of the largest Union carhaulers left. The only other one is Cassens. Cooper is the real deal. Just off the top of my head I would say it is mostly local and shortline work.

mnmover and Derailed Thank this.
  10. bvermillion

bvermillion Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Anyone hear good or bad about jack cooper transport got a call from them go in to talk and fill out a application

11. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Go, RUN, Get down there and fill out an APP. Cooper is one of the last traditional union auto carriers left. Not that I am a fan of Jimmy Jr. and his band of merrymen. That being said, the pay scale, bene's, pension...all good for the driver who sticks it out. Cooper and Cassens survived the bad economy starting back in '08, and they are still going. That says something about them. You will need to suck it up and tolerate working the bottom of the board as a newbie, however, give it time. Oh and bring a pen when you walk in to fill out an App. I cannot tell you how many nitwits walked into the Office asking to fill out an App. then asked to borrow a pen. Their App. got tossed in the trash.

MrBill103, 12 ga and Colorato Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.