Jacksonville Parking

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by potentiallydisasterous, Apr 30, 2019.

1. potentiallydisasterous

potentiallydisasterous Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2019
    The other place I'm going is Jacksonville, FL. I may one day move there too.
    1. Where are the good spots for a 10/34?
    2. What time do I need to get into Jacksonville to get a spot?
    3. Are there any good places for monthly parking (I'll likely live in the burbs)?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Both TA's in the Jacksonville area are old, small and limited parking. I would look to stay north in Georgia as there are quite a few good Pilots and a small Petro just across the border.

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    1) There really isn't any "good spots" for taking a 10/34 in Jax

2) You have the T/A West in Baldwin, T/A South in St. Augustine, the Pilot in Baldwin, Pilot in St. Augustine, Pilot on Prichard Rd, Pilot near JaxPort, Love's just north of the I-95/I-295 junction north of town. You also have a few independents on Commonwealth and Beaver St and they ALL fill up by noon (not really, but it starts getting very limited after that).

3) There is the monthly paid area just west of the I-10/I-295 junction on the west side of town. Don't know how much they charge.

5. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    Ive in Jax for 10 years. Everything 88 Alpha said is accurate. You can call local trucking companies, tow yards and outside storage too. I parked my truck at Pilot on Pritchard for 6 weeks and was only hit & run once. So I guess thats pretty good. lol

6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Temporary thread hijack:

@Coolbreezin
    You've been on the boards a couple of years now and I have not noticed you before. No big deal, but I wanted to say if that is your truck in your avatar, I think I've seen it around Jax.

Also, regarding your signature, major props to you for being part of the Patriot Guard. Every so often, I see those riders in various parts of the country and I know they are heading to a mission or returning from one. I don't ride, but I have a ton of respect for what they do.

Ok, hijack over.

Coolbreezin and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  7. Coolbreezin

Coolbreezin Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Florida
    88 Alpha,

Your words are too kind. Thank you. Yes, that is my truck and I drive her locally M-F. Ive recently started hanging with some of the Combat Vets Motorcycle Association (CVMA). They are all pretty cool cats.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.