Jake brake 2011 prostar

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Rooster1291979, Jan 5, 2013.

1. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    I would rather he stay out of a truck all together

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The engine brake controls on a Prostar are computer controlled. The buttons on the steering wheel and level switch in the dash are a digital inputs to the body controller. The body controller communicates to the ECM that the driver is requesting engine brakes. If the body controller is getting a valid command from the switch on the steering wheel, the indicator light should light up in the cluster. There are no relays or fuses. There is just the steering wheel switch, then the clock spring, then just wiring down the column to the body controller which is next to the clutch pedal behind the left most kick panel. Buttons do fail. Clock springs are pretty good actually. The biggest problem is the steering wheel column wire harness is rubbing through on the steer column support brackets. This usually involves more than one wire and you will experience weird cruise control and/or wiper operation too.

4. AMDtrucking

AMDtrucking Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Hi guys, in my 2010 Prostar/Cummins ISX, the Engine brake, Suspension dump, PDL lock, DPF system and Seatbelt light all quit working altogether. What do they have in common?
    P.S: It happened temporally yesterday (for about an hour), then when they came back on, the Seatbelt light and all DPF lights, came on (while driving), they stayed on for about 3 minutes and turned off, because I had my seatbelt on and DPF system wasn't running Regen at the time. Today it happened again, but permanently unfortunately. :Ambulance car v2:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  5. Onthegotransports

Onthegotransports Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2019

What fuse number was your engine break on the prostar

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Read post #22.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.