Jan 5 Class

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Jeepwj02, Dec 27, 2008.

1. 4eagles

4eagles Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Cudahy WI
    Wow jeep very interesting keep em coming! I'm going in April but i'm not staying at the motel. Do you know if i'll still have to pay the 400 right away upfront? Going by some other posts i've read it sounds like that 400 is mainly for food and lodging?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Yes everyone has to pay the $400 upfront that goes straight to the school

And also I have some bad news.....looks like I wont be driving with Millis. I got a call from a recruiter Friday telling me that when the insurrance company ran my MVR that they found I had suspended CDL licence which is highly untrue. I had 2 speeding tickets one 3 and 1/2 years ago and one 2 and 1/2 years ago from today. When you have to serious violation speeding tickets with in a 3-5-7 year period I have no clue they suspend your CDL Licence for 60 days regardless if you have one or not. I have a valid and current CDL AP thats not the problem. The insurrance company just cant get over the SUSPENSION even though I did not have a CDL at that time. Which is all BS and Millis should have found this IF they would of ran my MVR before I came to school......oh well Im gonna keep job hunting and find something else !

4. Blufreeze

Blufreeze Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    Wow - that REALLY sucks.

How long have you been in class? I think just to CMA I'm going to get a copy of my driving history before I go in Mar.

Good Luck with the job hunting.

5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I thought all schools and/or carriers checked that first. I know the community college I went to did. Must be different policies for each one.
    Anyhow, best of luck...

6. Blufreeze

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    This is (I believe) the second time I've heard of this type of thing happening to someone at one of the Millis classes. I think the other one was something from their background check. But either way, it would be much better, in my opinion, if they would take care of these 'checks' BEFORE the students turned their lives upside down and went to class. I'm going to try and triple check for any possible thing that may put me in Jeeps situation before I get there. I'm giving up too much to do this, and if that happens to me I'll be completely up a creek.

7. 4eagles

4eagles Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Cudahy WI
    #### jeep that really sucks! Sorry to hear that. I know they checked mine already because I got a notice and a copy of the report in the mail. I was kinda surprised to see my suspension was still on there since it happened back in 95. I didn't think they went back that far. Man am I glad I told them about it on my application. Keep your head up jeep and good luck to ya....

8. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    thanks guys...I am totally shocked about the cituation. Millis said they ran my MVR before class but it didnt come up which if they did TRULY run my MVR they would of found it cause the day after I found out all of this I went to the DMV to get a copy of my MVR and it was on my MVR and I ran my MVR from back late 2008 and it was on there then but sense I didnt have a CDL back in late 2006/early 2007 when the suspension went into place I didnt think it would be a problem. I called and left a message with Reed to find out the final verdict on if Im gonna continue on or leave the company. Kinda sucks that I had already went thru training and passed with flying colors!!! Oh well things happen for a reason and I wish the best for everyone going to Millis for training make sure EVERYTHING is up and correct !!!!

9. Blufreeze

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    So did you not put the suspension on your application?

I'm asking because I am supposed to start in March and I want to be sure everything is ok before I leap into this. I called and asked about the MVR check and she said, just what you did, they do the MVR check once you pay your deposit, and she looked up my name and said everything was fine otherwise Jazz would have marked it 'denied' and sent me a letter saying that I had been denied.

I also put everything on my application (that I am aware of) thats on my driving history and I shouldn't have a problem. Now I'm paranoid & I think I'm going to go get a copy for myself just to be sure.

Hope it works out to your benefit, and they keep you. I'd hate to think you went through all of the class/training just to be shipped off.

10. Alabamaspirit

Alabamaspirit Light Load Member

That sucks....Sorry to hear about this. These days are getting tougher and tougher. Getting hard to get a job and harder to keep it. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

11. Fooman

Fooman Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2008
    SW Indiana
    So Jeep, you got your CDL from Millis Training, but they will not hire you to drive now that you are thru? is that correct?

Do you have to pay for your CDL training now?

I too have heard this about Millis... seems like some old posts mentioned this type thing from them.

How and/or where do you get an official copy of your driving record?

Good luck Jeep, keep at it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.