Jan 5 Class

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Jeepwj02, Dec 27, 2008.

1. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    easy to check you own thing with the DMV of your states.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alabamaspirit

Alabamaspirit Light Load Member

Check at your local driver license office or your Department of Public Safety, check for a state website. I ordered mine today cost $5.75. I have only had 1 speeding ticket in 23 yrs, but I thought I might should check, just to make sure.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  4. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia

I got my MVR from the DMV and it is an official copy.

I did not get an actual CDL from Millis. I just got out of training Wednesday and they called me Friday with the news.

Weather if I have to pay them back I have no clue. Yes the speeding tickets and the suspension is my fault but if Millis would of done their job by running my MVR they would of found it and I wouldnt of even went to their school and would of been rejected. I personally dont think I should be held responsable to pay it. But thats not up for me to decide.

But on the application I think it had something on there if my licences were ever suspended. If it was on there I would of marked NO even though its on my MVR I did not have CDL's back in late 2006/2007 when the suspension of 60 days took place its something Georgia does for us stupid speeders haha so technally my licence's has never been suspended!

Bluefreeze:::: I would go to your local DMV and get a certafied MVR report I paid $6 for mine and it is cheap insurrance so you know what your working with.

Fooman Thanks this.
  5. Blufreeze

Blufreeze Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    Thanks - I plan on stopping in their today. I think ours are $5.50.

Thanks for the info.

6. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Blue, where are you going to school?

7. Blufreeze

Blufreeze Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    I'm going to Millis - Hamilton, OH. March 9th.

I got a copy of my abstract today and its blank. No record, so I shouldn't have a problem.

8. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    ok thanks, i'm going to clark state in springfield ohio

9. bengalman

bengalman Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2007
    reynoldsburg ohio
    they will make you pay 2000.00/ I went to millis (trenton) in 07 they made a guy leave because he could not back I talked to him and he said that he still had to pay.As for me I walked off the trainers truck after 4 weeks they told me home every other weekend with trainer.We left nov 7th and he told me we might get home for cristmas.And talk about logs we drove 4 days before we even touched a log book.I called Mike Millis and told him to kiss my ### and try to get the money hell I didnt even get my cdl from them well they have a collection company calling me and I tell them the same thing (when I call them back) tell Mike Millis to kiss my ###. Hell I started a lawn care company last year my first year I had 40 customers this year I have most of them plus Im thinking 30 more and im in my bed every night and I get to see my kids.

10. 4eagles

4eagles Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Cudahy WI
    But jeep, on the application it does not ask if your CDL has been suspended it asks if your license has ever been suspended. Your license is your license CDL or no CDL.

11. swisschris62

swisschris62 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2008
    here, there, everywhere
    The bad part about telling collection companies to kiss your ##### is that eventually they dont want to hear it any more and then they put liens on your property and mess with your credit rating.
    Then when you go to sell your car or your house you find out that you have to pay your "lien holders" off before you get your money and they also tack on interest.
    The better way would be to come up with an agreement to pay and take care of the situation. Sometimes they are even willing to meet in the middle somewhere since some money is better then no money and they also get to close up the file which in the end looks good for everyone.
    Jeep, I am very sorry to hear of your problem because I know you were really looking forward to doing this just like I am on Feb 16th and it would mess with me too.
    Being a young guy and all it is truly to your best interest to come up with some sort of payment schedule and get this behind you instead of going the "kiss my #####" route.
    It doesnt have to be a whole lot of money. As long as your making an attempt to pay it down they can not say anything to you and it wont mess with your credit. These things have a way of coming back and biting you in the ##### ...the same ##### you were telling them to kiss.
    Even if its 5 bucks a month, they may not like it but at least your doing the right thing.
    On the first of every month send them the money and keep receipts of all the money you have repaid.
    This will keep collection companies from calling you DAILY and your credit rating getting messed with.
    Ultmately it is your decision as to what you do and right now you might be a little pissed off but in the end you dont want this to come back and haunt you like the suspension came back to haunt you .
    Just my .02. Good luck in whatever you end up doing and thanks for helping all of us out while you were there.
    Peace

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.