JB Hunt and the Owner Operator

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by TRUCKNMOM, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Determined2Truck

Determined2Truck Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Greensboro, NC.
    yep I hear ya I am trying to wait it out but its geting worse and I don't know how long I can last. but I know better to do this again, with times like this its really bad for a company to play so negative with drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott1116

scott1116 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Hammond IN
    I know it is. I was getting the shaft when I was doing it. My FM was telling me on day that I had a possible roll over attempt and I needed to call him asap to make sure I was ok. So I did and he told me that I needed to watch my speed in curves. I asked him if he could tell me were I was at at this time. He told me Chicago. I asked him if he knew exactly were and he told me ne. I told him that I was in the Chicago term and have been for 3 hrs. He did not believe me and he called the security and they said that I have been there for 3 hrs. So I get screwed anyhow. LOL

4. davey5w

davey5w Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2008
    cambridge ohio
    thanks for the info..i really appreciate it..i was about to head to lousville on a bus to start orientation for the lease purchase program..but now i think i will stay away..they told me i get 90 days after starting..to decide rather i wanna do it or not..but then they told me u have to give em a 30 day notice...so really ya only get 60 days to decide..and i figure they will probly run ya hard for the 60 days and then once you are trapped..they wont give ya miles...but i dunno...im not gonna do it,thanks for the info..

5. truckerphil

truckerphil Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Santa Fe
  6. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

They are as bad if not worse than CR England...
    Once they get their hooks into you, they will ruin you finacially
    and destroy your DAC....best to stay away....

7. truckerphil

truckerphil Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Santa Fe
    My truck was hit while parked by a swift driver-real swift right? any ways they bounced the truck around from shop to shop finding the the cheapest to do the job-while this went on for a month they put me on their repo department so i could make a little money-truck still wasnt ready and I quit-to make the story short they put improper loc on my dac- I am currently working with dacfix and a attorney for a laws suit of defmation. STAY AWAY FROM JB HUNT-Im not just a disgruntled driver they will HURT YOU.

8. davey5w

davey5w Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2008
    cambridge ohio
    i just started working for a small company..im not even assigned to a truck..( and that is great) i just use whatever truck is available at the yard...this company doesnt review or report to dac...and pays pretty good to..i think all drivers should consider working for a small company.. we all know that the big companies dont wanna get u home, they expect u to sit around for long periods of time, and most treat the driver like hes just a number...then u have to worry about them ruining your dac...ahhh i just dont know why anyone would put up with it..ya know companies like jb hunt wouldnt even be in business if they didnt have drivers...and there are so many small companies in the country to work for..but i guess some guys wanna be part of somthing thats big, i dunno

9. gearjammer-2000

gearjammer-2000 <strong>Clutch User</strong>

Dec 18, 2007
    columbus Ohio
    i just cannot understand why, with all the info on these lease programs and how bad they are, why do the companies still sucker people into them, this is not rocket science, when you do a lease to own from a trucking company you do not end up owning a truck, THE TRUCKING COMPANY ENDS UP OWNING YOU!!!!!

10. cjschlosser

cjschlosser Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    so jb hunt said that they would hire me and also told me that they would have the loads to keep me moving. i was wondering does anyone kno if there o/o program is good at all and that it is true that they have the loads.

11. cjschlosser

cjschlosser Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    here is my situation i just got done with my training and looking into being a o/o the reason for that is cuz i have a dwi on my record witch is a couple of years old now and with being a o/o companies insurence wont hire me due to that and if i get my own athourity i should be find and thats why im having a hrad time getting in a truck. so if anyone can help me out that would be great and give me a list of some of the good companies that would great as well thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.