JB Hunt Dedicated...Should I make the switch?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Moneybagz, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Moneybagz

Moneybagz Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntsville.Al
    Lol at the replies...
    I actually dont work for jb anymore. I started at Frito Lay in February. But I will say that Jb Hunt wasnt a bad place to work at all. I worked out of Shelbyville,TN and it was a pretty laid back environment but when there was a change in management it seemed like the mileage went down and more b.s. Runs started to come up. One thing I did like is that if you ever needed extra miles or anything you could run intermodal runs. If anything ever happens at frito Ill be headed right back to jb.

If anyone has any questions about the Corsicana dedicated run in Shelbyville ill do my best to answer

Skoodah1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skoodah1

Skoodah1 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Was the pay good??

4. Moneybagz

Moneybagz Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntsville.Al
    Pay was decent you can expect 50-55k not sure about 60k...you can make more by working Saturdays and picking up extra miles. Also you will never get close to your 70 for the week and have to have a restart you'll get multiple restarts.

5. Skoodah1

Skoodah1 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2015
    They telling me I will drive east of I 35 but I was really hoping to see the west coast I wonder if I would maby request a run that way , they would give it to me??

6. Moneybagz

Moneybagz Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Huntsville.Al

Sounds like youre doing otr. I actually was on a dedicated Corsicana bedding account. I havent heard how it is on otr. But on the Corsicana account out of Shelbyville youll run mainly southeast primarily ky,in,ill,oh, mo,GA, and tn

7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    There is not a lot of work for the OTR guys. Usually they will farm you out to intermodal or DCS. This is not a bad thing though. Get in with a good account, try it out, and transfer if you enjoy it.

8. Vincent2254

Vincent2254 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Ive been working dcs for jb 4 years now..60k is very easy to make on any dcs or intermodel account. Alot of the accounts are no touch and or drop n hook and home everyday with 2 days off. Some accounts are labor intensive like sealy mattress but there r tons of accounts that have very little labor if any. Ive been very happy with jb dcs. Idk about there otr positions. But the money u make really is up to you cuz theres always work or another load or shuttles or other accounts to support if u want to boost your pay. I average 45 hours a week and pull in $11-1300 a week no problem. But if i really wanted to i could work more and pull in $14-1700 week. The benefits are great and when your on local account u have ur own dispatch office u report to everyday and it becomes like ur 2nd family..choice of loads when u come in most times. Only thing I hate about jb is 62mph trucks...our trucks used to do 65 but they lowered them..and its a huge difference for me n drives me bonkers on highways. Jb uses pro star and cascadia daycabs and usually upgrades every 3-5 years. Every company has strengths and weaknesses and jb strengths are dcs and intermodel accounts. I hear mixed reviews about otr but that is a small percentage of jbs structure cuz they are a local dedicated n intermodel company more than they are an otr company...hope this info is helpful..not trying to recruit ppl just putting facts out there from my experience with jb and several of the dcs and intermodel accounts. Take it as u will.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.