JB Hunt Intermodal

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by HaglerFan, Aug 18, 2021.

1. RCgang4Lyfe

RCgang4Lyfe Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2021
    It entirely depends on where the job is and what it is doing. Trucking changes drastically in a month so no doubt has changed from 1-5 years ago... Pay for all companies depends on where the positions are and the average pay drivers make in the same area, no company (unless they are stupid and suck at price analyzing) pays a driver the same amount flat across the country. I know a lot of drivers averaging close to 100k in Chicago intermodal with JB and many in the 80ks, but the recruiters only said you could make about 70k, so it does depend on your running ability... like life, you get what you put in and if you run lazy you'll be paid lazy... JB Hunt is the biggest trucking company in the U.S. so it just depends if you find a small company that pays better or if you like working for a company that is better at running their logistics like JB

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    No matter what company it is I prefer SE regional over any other type of driving but I would not work out of a railyard.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. will083031

will083031 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Hi this is an old thread but does anyone have any current info on JB intermodal? I’m thinking about applying, my current local job isn’t working out.

6. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    They still pay pretty low and I read now they're adding driver facing cameras.
    I liked jb ok but they will micromanage and "coach" you to death. Driver facing cameras will make it even worse.

will083031 Thanks this.
  7. will083031

Sep 27, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you for info, I’m used to forward facing cameras, they had them at Amazon.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  8. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    You may be ok with jb then. Work is steady, benefits are pretty good and they won't cheat you. Good luck.

9. tbirdskw

tbirdskw Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The colony Tx
    Yup they added the driver facing cameras about 2 or 3 months ago all by 2025. I don’t have one because I’m on the old system being an ex DCS driver. They used a family getting killed as the reason to turn them on.
    They basically just stole 25% of our vacation. Some of us work a 4 day and now require 10 hr of pto instead of 8. Pay isn’t very good our fleet average is about 42k a year. I’m out of Haslet tx. Other problem with jb hunt now is seniority is basically worthless now. Switch to another account besides vacation you start over

will083031, HaglerFan and UturnGirl Thank this.
  10. will083031

Sep 27, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you for info, I started working for JB over a month now. Only issue I have is with pay there are a lot of activities you have to add your self or you don’t get paid.

HaglerFan Thanks this.
  11. tbirdskw

tbirdskw Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The colony Tx
    Yeah crosstown and stuff like that are a pain. Best thing you can do is go over it with your manager at the end of the night or next day. They’re the ones that approve everything anyway

12. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    So far I know do they use cameras to film inside to the driver. For the selection to drive for them, I would put them at the end of the list.
    M.

13. will083031

Sep 27, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    When I worked at Amazon cameras would only record on an incident, JBH camera system cameras are always recording

kutscher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs