JB HUNT is not as evil as all u say

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by lookingtotruck, Oct 27, 2007.

1. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    They sent me their app today in the mail. I got it today but want to do that online to make it faster. Only thing I am worried about is falling off the load when I have to tarp it. HAHAHHAHAHA. Whats their rider policy like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Carolina Thunder

Carolina Thunder Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Coeburn V.A.
    Worked out of the Atlanta location about 4 years ago as an OTR driver. Taking there physical test was as hard as passing one for the military. paid for everything while there...hotel and eats.

1st week out....1500 miles.
    2nd week out....1200 miles.
    3rd week out....1400 miles.

......and none of that is a lie! I liked there company as far as the people in the office go there equipment and there facility but i dont know what there problem was when it came to giving drivers miles. Also heard from a few long time Hunt drivers that they were starting to cut there miles as well.

Not trying to stir the pot, just thought you guys would want to hear my experience with them.

4. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    I can answer that.

Riders age 16+ (10+ during summer months) fee is $22 per month.

Tarping? were you offered dedicated or are you making a funny?

KnightRider: What I meant was Closed for Scheduling any more drivers. Recently they put out an Email saying to not schedule any more OTR drivers west of Denver until further notice.

Only 35 More Days before I clock out of 615 JB Hunt Corporate Drive for the last time to go down to Texas for LOCOMOTIVE TRAINING!!!!!! (and spill the beans on all that inside info we get in the Offices from Harper, Thompson, and Co, however if I do that, I may need PM back in order to tell the one guy I know who Should know if he doesn't already. Mr. Tip T. Tipster, 99999 XXXX-XXX Road, ###^##, ##^)##% USA, !!!!!

5. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    wasnt making a funny.... the last i drove step deck i fell off the #### load. i had to tarp the load even though it was scrap... rules are rules anyway, i was up on top the load, it was snowing and sleeting and slipped and went to the ground pretty quick. it hurt, but i got back up, went back up and tarped it again and never ever drove a flat bed since.

i am the kind of guy who loves to drive, it dont matter to me what company. i just love to drive. if i average 550 to 600 a week, thats fine with me, it covers the bills, i want to drive by the rules, keep it legal, get it there on time everytime and not sit at the truck stops, play video games and etc. i woud rather be driving. always loved it and always will love driving.

i am leaving tomorrow for orientation for a company that a ton of people told me to stay away from, but i am going to give that comp the benefit out the doubt and see what is really behind the story there ... if i like it great , if i dont , god knows whats next ...

bubba trucker

6. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Well, EBruns might not be a good first opinion then...I actually had to call the Terminal to talk to one of my recruited drivers one time, the lady was being a complete !##$^###$. TO ME. As most of you can tell by the posts i make in here, i'm semi-laid back person......and this turned into an argument before I could ask her for a driver. Me: "Hi, I'm ************* and I need to talk to ******** if he's available"

Operator at EBruns: "WELL you can't do that, he's in orientation right now."

ME: "Could you leave a note for him or something"

OP: "I am *NOT* a secretary for these drivers!"

ME: "Did I fail to mention that I'm his recruiter and i'm here at the Headquarters in Lowell?"

OP: "I don't care! I'm still not a secretary for these drivers!"

If that's how they treat their own co-workers (even a call from HQ in Lowell) I'm afraid of how East Brunswick is treating the recruits that come in for training.....

Good Luck Bubba!

7. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    I can't stand secretaries like that! Too big for her britches!! What a rude, ignorant person! I was once a secretary and believe me I could NEVER get away with things like that. The world is surely changing. I'd have been fired on the spot!!

8. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Maybe I should call the Terminal and ask if that gal is still working there. I know that Corporate records all our calls, especially calls from Corporate to an outlying Terminal such as East Brunswick NJ...

I think I know what position that Bubba's going into now. Best of luck!

9. BubbaTrucker

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    bubba is not doing very well ...

10. bigjohn

bigjohn Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    PA
    I will tell you first hand that JB HUNT IS WORSE THAN EVIL, THEY ARE THE DEVIL THEMSELVES. I WORKED FOR JB HUNT FOR ALMOST 1 YEAR ON A DEDICATED ACCOUNT IN NORTHEAST MARYLAND AND LET ME TELL YOU FROM THE ACCOUNT MANAGER TO THE DISPATCHERS THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE AS TO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, MY ACCOUNT MANAGER WAS AN OUTRIGHT IDIOT SHE COULDN'T TELL YOU EVEN WHAT SIZE TRAILERS WE WERE PULLING. ALL THE DISPATCHERS ARE RUDE AND LAZY AND COULD GIVE A #### ABOUT YOU AS LONG AS THEY COVER THERE OWN BUTTS. AND THE SAFETY DEPARTMENT IS INSANE GOD FORBID YOU GET A CALL IN ON YOU OR BETTER YET GET A SCRAPE ON THE BUMPER INSTANTLY YOUR DAC IS RUINED. THE TRUCKS ARE WELL MAINTAINED I WILL SAY THAT, THATS THE ONLY GOOD THING I COULD SAY ABOUT THIS #### WHOLE COMPANY I AM SO RELIEVED I LEFT THIS PLACE THE BEST MOVE I COULD OF EVER MADE!!!!

11. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT AT US!!!!!!

All caps is hard to read, hard on the eyes and hard on the head. :biggrin_255: And, in the internet world, it means you're shouting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.