JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    This is the same guy who couldnt hold a job for 2 months and he gets injured within 30 days of being on a new job? This guy sounds like a disability welfare king.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hold on now. Am I missing something here? Where in that post did she say the guy couldn't hold a job for 2 months?

4. stylicho

stylicho Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2007
    If Whispers is talking about the same person they referred to on previous posts then yes, they already talked about this guy not being able to hold a trucking job. If this is the same guy who worked for Arrow I believe 6 times. Otherwise they are referring to somebody else.

5. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Well I never claimed him to be a benefit to a driving company. Still JB will be in trouble if he is truly fired while under WC. It's against the law.

6. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Sty is right it's the same guy. And I never claimed him to be driver material. Yeah he was with Arrow I believe like 3 or 4 times. He has a bad attitude and a quick fuse. But putting that aside, because believe it or not he was happy with his dedicated run, being home every weekend, JB Hunt will be in trouble if they did let him go while being on WC. It's against the law.

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Come on....you MUST know JBH has pulled this before. You and I know J.B. has fired other WC filers in the past and gotten away with it. This guy isn't the first who was let go because he filed a WC claim. Yeah, big boys like JBH obviously know how to dodge the law, and you can bet your right arm they've got a standard BS excuse already sitting and waiting on the shelf to explain their firing of this latest "problem child". If they didn't have that excuse all set and ready to go in cases like this, they would have gotten in trouble years ago over firing folks simply because those people filed WC claims. But they obviously haven't been spanked (or else they'd not be doing this), so they'll be pulling out ol' faithful (the BS excuse they'll use) in this case.

Yeap, their canned-excuse is well-worn. It has worked for untold cases in the past. They're confident they can get one more use out of it, and we all know they are about to get that use out of it. The guy's firing did happen because he filed a WC claim, but that fact won't matter for squat. His case won't go anywhere if he takes 'em to court. This is because that company and all other companies like it know how to dodge the law. They've become experts over the years and decades on how to dodge it. This is why they are bold enough to fire him and others like him for filing WC claims. They aren't idiots there at JB. They only do things like this that they know they can get away with. And they already know ahead of time they will get away with it, so when the times come, they do it with impunity. They think they can't be touched, in other words. Unless some laws get changed or mass-action or class-action is taken, they'll be right in that thinking, too.

8. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Yeah Tip I wasn't surprised at JB's actions. It was just a matter of time before they pulled something dirty. I tried to tell this guy what JB Hunt is all about. He kept telling me....Well this is what they told me I have it in writing and so on so I figured well you will just have to learn on our own. Didn't take long either. Although I know he isn't the greatest driver, still I don't want to see JB Hunt pulled this routine and get away with it so I told him to call OOIDA and an attorney which he is doing.

9. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    He should call up the labor board and the attorney general (AG) in the state where he lives. These people make it their jobs to correct these types of wrongs.

10. reddeb92503

reddeb92503 Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2007
    corona CA
    sry angel it is not against the law if it is the "companys policy" and they cannot stop your WC claim........ Don't ask me how I know LOL (former Interstate Dist. driver)

11. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Doesn't matter if it's company policy. It's illegal. If a company could get away with firing people for filing WC claims, where would they stop? Maybe they would make it a policy to not pay their employees on odd-numbered weeks in a month. Or maybe they could make it a policy to whip drivers with snake whips whom they deem "problems". Hey--it's company policy, right?

Maybe I'll start a company, hire on some people, and make it my policy to shoot them or lynch them whenever I like. I could get away with it, at least according to your reasoning.

Company policies don't take precedence over laws.

Sue their ##### if they fire you for simply filing a WC claim.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.