JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I'll hold off on passing the word that JobHunt sucks. This is because if I did that, I'd be doing nothing all day but warning people off of Jobber. Sometimes, people have to figure out for themselves how to tell if a company sucks.

No offense meant, understand. Thanks for the heads-up, brother.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    I think a majority of a (now 121) page thread will explain that in full detail.

4. Chiricahua

Chiricahua Light Load Member

May 21, 2007
    Great State of California
    +1

Ditto!

But I'll say it again, case anyone missed it.

JB Hunt, Sucks.

All those big companies do. You can lie to yourself and say that it works for you if it makes you feel better.

5. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    J.B. Hunt works for me!

well, I'd be lying...I just got home from KC. They told all of us it'll be a week before they have the results, but by god, if you fail it, you should be demoted straight to KINDERGARTEN. That's your reading test to work for the railroad.

My Days as the last JBHT Recruiter that you know of on this board are...i'd say 90% toward the DAYS ARE NUMBERED side...I dunno what (if any) b.s. excuse the railroad would come up with to keep me out of there.

6. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Hey Me Dude-I don't know if you have ever been to a railroad interview. I went to one for UP in Big Spring, TX and there were over 80 applicants there. 9 had been to BNSF school in Overland Park, KS and none were hired. In Ft Worth they had over 115 show up for 10 openings. I have no idea what their criteria is for choosing. They picked a few vets, a lot of young guns, and a few that looked liked they were on prison release. I wish you well. I knew you would ace their so-called reading test. It is a joke. I would make #### sure they were much brighter than that before I would turn them loose with a 18,000 ton coal train. A friend of mines son was hired by BNSF. He just told them he wanted to work all the time and make a boatload of cash. A friend of his went in the same day and started telling them all he knew about GE and GM locos and they told him to hit the streets. I would just tell them you want to learn all they can teach you and you want to be safe. They all talk a lot about safety even though they don't care as long as the freight gets moved.
    Best of luck.:biggrin_25517:

7. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Dude, do you visit the sites where railroad guys post their testimonies? There're probably tons of tips on those sites that'll set you down the road to acing the interview.

Good luck. I hope you get the job. Put in a good word for me. Tell 'em Tip T. Tipster from XXX, XX wants a job. I wanna get in before the OTR jobs start disappearing in droves and 999 other sausages are competing for the one job I want.

8. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    I'll make sure to put in a word for you. Either that, or give an extra toot for you when I drop off a load of Intermodal Trailers.

9. DodgeMagnum

DodgeMagnum Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Hello everyone im new to these forums and yes i was screwed by Jb Hunt on 12/11/06 meaning i was fired(more on that later) and till this day i have not found a job. Jb Hunt violated there own handbook when they fired me. I had a safety issue with my trailer so the fleet manager called road service to have it looked at (this is in the yard before i leave) well the road service guy showed up and looked at the bearing overheat valve (little red popper on wheel that pops out when the bearings have over heated) Well needless to say he looked at it and said it was ok but he said also if it pops out again call dispatch so i said ok. I didnt feel confident on his shotty mechanic skills so i left and went to flying j to get fuel i checked the wheel again and sure enough the overheat popper was out again so i called dispatch and told them and they said It was checked out by a tech and it was ok i said well it popped out again so the dispatcher told me to come back to the terminal and he would give me a diff load (20 miles from yard) I agreed so i got my fuel and left arrived at terminal say about in 20 minutes because i was taking time due to the bearing in the wheel which i was affraid would lock up.Well the night dispatcher came out and looked at the wheel and said it looks fine i said no its not,(to lazy to bend over and look at the popper on the wheel) Well he said You are taking the load i said no im refusing this load due to the nature of the problem so he said WELL ILL CALL THE FLEET MANAGER AND SEE WHAT HE SAYS. I said fine call him so he did and needless to say he fired me.
    Theres more to this story but i will add it later sometime because it really makes me angry. I got my revenge on them but not in a bad way (legal way) Guys i look foreward to posting on this site and making friends with everyone here except the recruiters for JB HUNT.:biggrin_25525:

10. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    UPDATE: UP INTERVIEW IN VAN BUREN ARKANSAS ON NOVEMBER 15th! (2 weeks from today)

I'm thinking that'll be it for Lowell.

DodgeMagnum, you won't have to hate me for long, I've got a #### good feeling about this opportunity...Provided they don't do some b/s on me.

11. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I am happy dancin for ya, Mr Dude! Please, whether you move on from JB or not, keep in touch with the rest of us. I think we have kind of enjoyed your presence!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.