JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    I am a novice at reading and interupting driver settlement sheets. But if you would like Turbo I can send you one of my hubby's when he was in that agreement and you can see for yourself how they nickle and dime an I/C. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Drivers should stay away from any Lease Purchase Agreement but especially stay away from JB Hunt! They lie through their teeth and would stiff their own grandmother if they could. Notice he didn't say anything about the miles one could expect. Also with adding the fuel surcharge in, hubby was only getting $1.05 per mile. :smt067

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Just an update: It's been 40 days since the ending of hubby's lease purchase agreement with JB Hunt. Out of $5.472.00 that they have deducted since 11/05 they intend to return $3,919.00. That is a difference of $1,553.00. I am sending a letter to Mahaffey and cc to others as well as OOIDA and our attorney that by taking this money off the comdata card (yes comdata, that's where they put the money) we are not in agreement with the amount nor does it preclude us from seeking the entire amount due us. Now some may say, Hey that's better than you may have gotten from JB Hunt based on their past actions but I say, they have jerked us around and they are never there when hubby wants to talk to someone and when he did talk to one woman she was rude and acted like she was doing him a favor and didn't want to give him the time of day. Now it's the principle of the thing. Maybe just maybe if we cause them enough headaches they will think twice before trying to screw another driver. Also they do not explain how they determined the amount they came to.

4. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA

if you are a memebr of OOIDA, i'm sure they will try and help you. god knows i have read many stories in their magazine pertaining to leases with big companies. i wish you well, keep us continued informed.

5. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    We became members after learning about them here. I am so thankful I came across this site. When I contacted OOIDA they were very helpful and I am in the process of sending them a detail complaint. Thanks again.

6. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    If you would be willing to do that, I would love to see what these people are up to. People need to see what the real deal is, and of course I would only publish non-private info, with your full permission of course. PM me for info on sending them to me. I have a fax machine on 24/7 or I'll send you my mailing addy...

7. creeper

creeper Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2006
    texas
    What i don't understand is how yall can have nothing good to say about J.B.Hunt, when there ARE drivers who have worked for them for a long time, and who ARE actually happy working for them. Yall ever think about changing the name of this website from "the truckers report" to "Lets all badmouth J.B.Hunt" .com???

8. whispers65233

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Here's a hint.....you didn't have to admit you drive for JB Hunt. It was very obvious. Like I told another driver, you are the exception to the rule and not the rule. Good Luck with you driving career with them. Seems to me the ratio of happy drivers vs unhappy drivers with jbh tilts in favor of the unhappy ones. Just one question what do you average in miles per week and how long have you been with them? You don't have to answer me. I know what we experienced I have the settlement sheets and overdue bills to prove what I have said about JBH. But as I have said before happy trails to you.

9. creeper

creeper Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2006
    texas
    well, i average between 2200-2900 miles per week, and that is including the time i spend at home. i have been with them since september 2005.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Perhaps, but I'm sure they are VERY few and far between, and too naive to know any better.

Hey, we call 'em like we see 'em, and in your case, I see a company plant. If the shoe fits...

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I have yet to meet someone that was happy with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.