JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    There is no depth to which this company will sink. We have been there and done that and have the t-shirt to prove it!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buckshot II

buckshot II Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2006
    I had roadmaster calling me all the time after I had called them for info when I first started researching the industry.I kept telling them that I would get in touch with them if I was interested but the calls would not stop. I finally told one man that I was busy and if he would give his home number I would call him back later in the evening and chat.Never heard from them again but its only been a couple of months.

By the way just was'nt impressed with their program.

4. Road Hazard

Road Hazard Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2006
    SE USA
    :confused1:

The original thread was originated to expose Hunt's 'manipulatory' and 'discriminatory' policies aimed at people who expected the company to conduct itself to high standards, only to find out Hunt's 'gay friendly' policies subjugated any intent to this end. You can't defend the indefensible.

Your 'volume' lacks a bit of viable 'content' unfortunately.

:snorting:

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm afraid not, sir.

JB Hunt will stoop to any level to hire just about any person, sexual orientation notwithstanding. Or have you been living under a rock...?

6. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

It really kind of amusing (in a sad kind of way) that so many people have bad things to say about JB, but then you get a few people who have had a good experience with them, and they will defend the co and talk them up. All in all, I just wish their recruiters would stop calling- I told the last one that called (Yesterday AM) that I had just been released from jail on a DUI- hopefully that will stop them.

7. Stinger188

Stinger188 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2006

I thought you were going to say...

"Who knows. It's just a theory that 2 Newbie Swift drivers could arrive anywhere together!"

OK if that was funny..give me some luv...press the icon...you know you want to!

8. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    LOL they're still doing that huh...I got my start in this industry 12 yrs. ago in Schneider's tanker-yanker division. One particular instructor (initials MM) just cracked me up...he turned the JB joke into an art!

I should have taken all this joking around a little more seriously and realized it spelled trouble though, because I goofed and let JB's big 37c offer in early '97 lure me into their fold.

The stint lasted 7 mos., until one day my fleet manager chewed me out for bobtailing across the street from their Southgate, CA terminal to move some things out of my storage locker into the truck. "Unauthorized bobtail" he said. I knew I had to quit when that happened. I gave them my notice about an hour later after cooling down a bit and confirming to myself it wasn't just a bad dream.

-MT- :study:

9. burrows8365

burrows8365 Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2006
    charlotte, nc
    Reply to All Recent Posts:

How did the subject of sexual preference become a part of this thread? Let's return this thread to the subject of the discriminatory employment practices and anti-labor posture of the trucking company known as JB Hunt. I would like to hear more from all others that have experienced reprehensible treatment at the hands of JB Hunt management and their omni-present "evil minon" agents. Thank you.

10. burrows8365

Mar 2, 2006
    charlotte, nc
    Reply to wallbanger:

I have yet to see a post that an "actual" driver has made regarding the fact that their long-term employment experience with JB Hunt was positive. PLEASE, direct me to that thread...I need a good laugh this morning!

11. burrows8365

Mar 2, 2006
    charlotte, nc
    JB Hunt will be going to administrative hearing during approximately April 2007. I cannot wait to see how they explain to the Administrative Law Judge about why a JB Hunt supervisor employee generated a false trailer inspection document and why the Director of Compliance for JB Hunt submitted the same false document to a federal workplace safety watchdog agency. Imagine if a news reporter happened to be in the courtroom during this exchange...interesting to dream of the possibilities. Any comments here?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.