JB Hunt - Lowell, Ar.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by WiseOne, Feb 26, 2004.

Would You Work For A Company That Won't Pay You For 48 Hours?

1. *

Yes

9.4%
  2. *

No

90.9%
  1. Bud Gustavsen

Bud Gustavsen Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2006
    JB Hunt finds ways to rip you off for the vacation you earn as an employee if you leave. I was due 2 weeks vacation when I terminated there. Never got a red cent from these people. I think it pretty when an employee stays the required time they are supposed to stay and the company takes advantage of that by just blatantly just telling you they're not going to pay you. I talked to the state about it, nothing they can do. I guess you can hire a lawyer and try to get it but it'll probably cost you everything to get it. Yes, this company will take full advantage of an employee. Not to mention they will expect you to work at 60 hour weeks and not expect anything in return. pretty dang sucky company and management. what a rip off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soju

soju Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Lawrenceville Ga
    Yes,they(JBHunt)do crap like that.That`s why after 9plus years,I left.But if you read the articles in the magazines and hear the adds on the radio,they sound like the next best thing to sliced bread.But then it`s not just JB,I`m sure that other companies do the same.The big companies are not always the best.It pays to shop around and do research on the companies before the dotted line is signed.:wave:

4. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    It's hilarious that you offered that sentence. As a matter of fact, their latest advertisement running in the trades says EXACTLY that same thing.

There's even a picture of that slice of bread. :smt046 :pukeright:

5. kc0rey

kc0rey Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Macomb, IL
    I think this is common for most companies.............I know I would never quit until after I had my vacation pay..............

6. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    If I wanted to get a class action lawsuit going against Jb hunt. Just become a member of O.O.I.D.A., THEY HAVE SUED ALOT OF THE BIGGIES AND WON. Especially the lease purchase deals , like Prime,Burlington and C.R.England. I have seen them fight for all of us,especially us non=union people. If you all get together give them a call. I have been thru JB hunt recruiting twice and they call me every week. I have always passed their standards which are easy,but I could not get past the lies said to alot of us from maine,by thier recruiters,they always blame the recruiters and guess who tells the recruiters what to tell you. It's the old blame game. How anyone can work for such a hated company like Jb Hunt is beyond me. Their business practices of cutting the rates lowest of all of the other companies gave them a rep from all of us and other trucking companies. Trl also recruits at Petros, None of the others that I know of lie to you as bad as jb. They need to be sued for misrepresenting their hiring and business practices if anything else. This will save alot of other newbees from ruining their career before they get on their feet. Thats all I have to say. Read my other posts and you will get more of the truth of these folks practices.

7. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Change your number!

8. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    no, just get an answering machine that has several "people buttons". that way, you can leave a message like, "leave a message for (name) by pressing 2 now"..............

then just tell everyone else to press 1 for you.........

or, with a fee to the phone company, have a "dial code number" attached to your phone number. that way, whenever anyone calls you, they will be asked to "enter a code" then they just press those numbers, and your phone rings.

of course, never give out that code number to anyone but whom you want to reach you....

9. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    They are calling my home every day up to 9pm sometimes 2 times at home and my cell phone everyday,never left a message before,it always came up unavailable,so I knew it was them didn't answer it,now this week leaving voice mail messages on my cell. I thought of blocking the calls,at home they sometimes show the 800 numbers,I mean alot of diff 800 numbers. Like you said how can we block an unavailable number. I have sprint and know these folks in porland me. I will ask them this week,how to stop thier calls on my cell,I have to pay for voicemail. Maybe we can all recoup our minutes with a class action suit thru, OOIDA,we need to get together and stop them.

10. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Call their 800-2jb-hunt number and ask for the department to have your name removed. Can you believe it they actually have a whole department dedicated to having people's names removed from their call list. Anyway this apparently works because I did it and they haven't called since. By the way the woman asked me why I wanted this and I told her she didn't have enough time in the day for me to tell her why but just chalk it up to JBH is the last company my husband will ever work for again.

11. LeadfootSlider

LeadfootSlider <strong>Queen of the Confused</strong>

Jul 15, 2006
    Crystal Spring, PA
    They also keeping calling me! But they think they are being clever, they say firstly they are with Driver Services, a recruiting center for trucking companies. Then you get them to tell you they are JB Hunt.

They call about every 2 weeks. This last time I told her that unless she could guarantee in writing a position were I would be at home everyday and every weekend, like a normal job, then to stop wasting her breath because I'm not moving from one otr job to another when I already know the dog and pony show where I am at.

No guarantee, of course, was given. I have asked them repeatedly to stop calling. And anyways, I have told every single recruiter I am a flat bed driver, and I have a dog on the truck. JB doesn't allow pets.

When she said, "you wouldn't get rid of your animal for a .10cpm raise?" I told her if "I wanted a .10cpm raise I could go work for Melton, stay on flatbed, and have the dog."

I guess she thought she could use some Jedi mind trick on me to change my mind.

I just want them to stop harrassing me-at home and on the cell.:smt065

I have called them and told them to stop calling. UGH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.